Garden waste collections are currently suspended until Friday 9 February 2018.
The collection of garden waste from households in the Lancaster district is a subscription-only service.
- Find out more about our waste collection services: Waste Less with Lancaster City Council (pdf, 2.1mb)
Subscription and cost
- This is an opt-in service - you only pay if you wish to use the service
- The subscription cost is £40 per bin from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019 (collections are suspended during the winter - please consult your collection calendar)
- You can share a bin with a neighbour to halve the cost for you both
- If you don't already have a green bin, call us on 01524 582491 to order one. Please note that a delivery charge applies
- You will receive a sticker to place on your bin. The collection crew will also have a list of subscribed properties
- Collections are fortnightly. Please ensure you put your bin out by 7am on your scheduled collection day. If you have lost your calendar you can check your collection dates online
- Only garden waste must be placed in the green bin
- If you choose not to opt in you can either compost your green waste at home or take it to one of the household waste recycling centres operated by Lancashire County Council
Renewing an existing subscription
- If you have an existing subscription you will shortly receive an email or letter containing your unique renewal code which you can enter here to quickly update and renew: www.lancaster.gov.uk/renew. Alternatively you can just take out a new subscription using the link below, and your current subscription will lapse on 31 March.
Last updated: 23 January 2018