You can pay business rates in the following ways:
- By direct debit
- Online via our secure website
- Automated telephone payment by credit or debit card (24 hours): Call 0845 6017297
- At any Post Office (please take your bill where the barcode will be scanned to ensure payment to your account)
Paying by BACS
- Bank Name: NatWest Bank
- Bank Address: 68 Church Street, Lancaster.
- Sort Code: 01-54-90
- Account Number: Collection Account 64848426
Paying by cheque
At the Post Office: Make your cheques or postal orders payable to Post Office Counters Ltd and write ‘account payee’ down the centre of your cheque if it isn’t there already.
If you are unable to use any of the above payment methods, you can post a cheque or postal order to us. Please make cheques or postal orders payable to Lancaster City Council and write ‘account payee’ down the centre of your cheque if it isn’t there already.
- Please write your reference number on the back of your cheque or postal order
- Send to Rating Section, Revenue Services, PO Box 4, Town Hall, Lancaster, LA1 1QR
- Please note that we do not accept post-dated cheques
- Remittance advices must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 07 March 2017