Ensuring that the community and stakeholders were aware and supportive of the Morecambe Area Action Plan (MAAP) and knew how to get involved was vital to the plan being found 'sound' at independent examination and subsequently adopted by Lancaster City Council In December 2014.
This page documents various stages in that preparation.
- Capture Consultation - Spring 2010
- Iterative Consultation - phases one and two - 'Scoping the MAAP' and 'Debating the Issues' - Summer / Autumn 2010, phase three - Developing Options - Spring 2011
- Outline Options Consultation - 18 November 2011 - 6 January 2012
- Draft Plan Consultation - 22 October 2012 - 14 December 2012.
- Publication Stage - 10 October 2013 - 21 November 2013 - Meeting of Council, Minute 64, 11 September 2013
- Submission to Secretary for State for consideration at independent examination - 13 December 2013
- MAAP DPD Public Examination - 1 - 9 April 2014
- Consultation covering modifications following Examination - 10 June - 22 July 2014
- Adoption - December 2014 - Meeting of Council, Minute 76, 17 December 2014
These consultations were publicised or reported on in a number of ways, including this website, press releases, the 'Your District Council Matters' publication, email notifications, facebook, twitter, posters and postcards.
As part of the submission stage, a Statement of Consultation (pdf, 756kb) was produced (Reg 22). This details the consultation process up to this stage.
If you require any particular documents from this process, please get in touch.
Last updated: 24 February 2016