An OFQUAL regulated one-day course. This is the minimum level of first aid training for the workplace, most appropriate for smaller environments that present few health and safety risks.
Who should attend?
Anyone wanting to gain an introduction to workplace first aid
Knowledge and practice of basic lifesaving first aid and an awareness of first aid regulations.
Delegates will receive training in a range of first aid topics, including:
- The role of the first aider including the importance of recording incidents and actions
- Aims and principles of first aid
- Action at an emergency
- Management of an unconscious casualty
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or shocked
- Treatment of minor injuries including cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns and small splinters
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The use of first aid equipment
- The course duration is six contact teaching hours
- Courses at your business location can be arranged for groups of 12 people - please call for full information
Assessment and certification
Assessment is carried out by the trainer throughout the course. On successful completion of the course activities and multiple choice question paper, delegates will receive an Emergency First Aid at Work certificate, which is valid for three years.
- £59 + VAT
Last updated: 19 September 2017