An OFQUAL regulated course which complies with the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 to provide the nationally recognised qualification of a workplace first aider.
Who should attend?
Anyone wanting to become a workplace first aider
This course will give you the confidence and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies.
Delegates will receive training in a range of first aid topics. The list below is by no means exhaustive, but outlines the main topics covered in the course:
- Aims and principles of first aid
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or shocked
- Assessment and treatment of fractures, dislocations and soft tissue injuries
- Assessment and treatment of burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Assessment and treatment of common major and minor illnesses
- Prevention of cross-infection during first aid procedures
- Legal aspects of first aid at work - including the importance of record keeping and the effective use of first aid equipment
Minimum of three days (9.30am – 4.30pm). On-site courses can be delivered at times to suit you. Please call us with your exact requirements.
Assessment and certification
Assessment by external assessors will be carried out on the afternoon of the third day. After completing the final assessment successful delegates will receive an OFQUAL approved, nationally recognised First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for three years, but it is recommended by the OFQUAL that delegates attend an annual three hour update session.
- £129 + VAT
Last updated: 19 September 2017