If you want to run an event, exhibition, performance or stall in our city centre locations, you will need to book with us in advance.
The following locations can be booked (where appropriate):
- Dalton Square
- Market Square - Information and charity pitch
- Market Square - Performance and vehicle area
- Market Square - Plinth
- Penny Street - Commercial information pitch
- Sun Square
- Charter Market pitches 29 or 30 (commercial stalls, including collection of direct debit subscriptions, and collection of direct debit subscriptions
- Charter Market pitch 15 (commercial stalls including collection of direct debit subscriptions)
- New Town Square
- New Town Square – Information and Charity Pitch
- Festival Market - Information and charity pitch/commercial pitch
- Festival Market outside areas - A, B, C, D, E (markets/large events and gatherings)
- Festival market outside areas - A and B (performances or dances)
- Festival market outside areas - D (bring a vehicle for promotion)
Book a city centre pitch
- To book a pitch please see our events on council land page.
A completed booking form and all necessary supporting documentation must be received at least 14 days prior to your event for the booking to be confirmed (when booking larger events, longer notice periods of four or eight weeks as listed within the guidance notes must be adhered to).
Large scale events
For information on booking larger events (eg shows and concerts) please see organising events on council land.
For market trader information, please see markets - information for traders.
Last updated: 17 August 2018