Lancaster's Edwardian town hall features a range of magnificent rooms that are available for hire for your event.
The town hall has facilities suitable for many types of function, including:
- Meetings - from small private meetings to large conferences
- Exhibitions, fairs and conventions
- Concerts and other public performances
- Celebration dinners and other private functions
- Civil partnerships, wedding ceremonies and wedding receptions
From the beautiful oak panelled committee rooms and banqueting suite to the magnificent Ashton Hall, this historic building offers a venue full of character and originality. Whether you are organising a small private meeting, a large convention, a celebration dinner, a concert, or a civil wedding, this is the perfect location.
|Ashton Hall||800 theatre style, 250 dining|
|Reception Room||45 theatre style, 50 reception/buffet|
|Banqueting Room||150 theatre style, 100 dining|
|Banqueting Suite||180 theatre style, dining, reception or buffet|
|Council Chamber||35 classroom style|
|Committee Room A||14 classroom style|
|Committee Room B||26 classroom style|
Civil wedding venue
- Celebrate your wedding in one of our spectacular historic venues
- View our dedicated wedding guide (PDF, 6MB)
Furnished in grand style this splendid Edwardian Building is a delightful venue for your wedding ceremony.
Our marriage rooms, situated on the first floor are reached by a magnificent marble staircase - great for photographs and grand entrances.
The Memorial Gardens can also be used for your photographs.
For the ceremony...
The impressively ornate Council Chamber is the perfect setting for the smaller more intimate wedding, whilst the richly oak panelled Banqueting Suite is ideal for the larger ceremony.
- The Council Chamber is licensed for up to 45 guests
- The Banqueting Suite is licensed for up to 195 guests
After the ceremony...
Our fully equipped kitchen is also available for your caterers to hire should you wish to continue your special day with your wedding breakfast or reception in the town hall.
There are a number of rooms to choose from for your reception, including the Ashton Hall for a much larger number of guests.
Fees and availability
To discuss availability and rates, to arrange a personal viewing or to request a brochure, please contact us.
Last updated: 27 June 2016