> | Accessibility: Text Only | Text sizes: X X X | Help | Site Map | Contact | Cookies | Mobile

A to Z of Council Services:

You are here: Home > Council and Democracy > Comments and complaints > Complaining about a Councillor

Complaining about a Councillor

How to complain about a councillor

New statutory provisions in respect of the conduct of councillors were introduced by the Localism Act 2011, with effect from the 1st July 2012.

If you wish to complain about the conduct of a member of the Lancaster City Council or a member of one of the parish or town councils within the council’s area, you must submit your complaint to:

Mrs Sarah Taylor,
Monitoring Officer
Lancaster City Council
Town Hall

Email: STaylor@lancaster.gov.uk

Your complaint will then be considered in accordance with the council’s arrangements for dealing with such complaints. (PDF 236K)

This process can only be used to deal with complaints about the conduct of a councillor. It cannot be used to deal with complaints about things that are not covered by the members’ code of conduct. If you make a complaint, it must be about why you think a member has not followed the code of conduct.

The code of conduct is available in the right hand downloads menu.

The codes of conduct of the parish and town councils within the council's district are also available from the Monitoring Officer or from the clerk to the relevant parish or town council.

If you wish to make a complaint, you should complete the complaints form in the right hand downloads menu.

rating icon

Feedback on this webpage

Help us help you by commenting or rating this webpage.

email icon

Email this webpage to a friend

Send a link to this webpage with a summary to a friend.

Feb 2016








1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Lancaster City Council
Town Hall
Dalton Square

Telephone: 01524 582 000

Email customer services