The Festival Market
Combine shopping and sightseeing at Morecambe’s Festival Market.
Excellently located by Morecambe’s Promenade, with its unbeatable views towards the Lakeland hills, the Festival Market is one of the highlights the town has to offer for shoppers looking for a unique experience.
For all the latest news and offers, follow us on Facebook!
About the market
More than 100 stalls
With over a hundred stalls selling an enormous selection of products, some that you would expect to find in a market, others unique to us, you are sure to find what you are looking for. There are two welcoming cafes serving homemade meals and cakes and onsite public toilets.
Shoppers can be certain to find a warm welcome from the established stall holders at this traditional market and if you happen to be visiting one of the special events hosted by the market, the atmosphere will be even better.
A trip to the market is ideal for visitors wanting to experience all that Morecambe has to offer. Within walking distance are some wonderful iconic buildings including the famous art deco Midland Hotel and the Winter Gardens. The promenade offers 5 miles of wonderful scenery with interesting features along the way such as artwork and sculptures, a stone jetty, award-winning flower beds and the world famous Eric Morecambe statue – bring your cameras to recreate that famous pose.
Pick up a bargain by the sea
The Festival Market is easily accessible by train, bus, bike and car. There are large adjoining car parks, and Morecambe train station and bus station are close by.
The market is wheelchair friendly.
The market is open Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 5pm (4.30pm winter) and all Bank Holidays from Easter to August.
How to find us
Address: Festival Market, Central Drive, Morecambe Lancashire LA4 4DW
By car: Use the map below to get your journey directions. For satnav, use the postcode LA4 4DW. There is a large pay-and-display car park adjacent to the market.
Close to numerous attractions and stunning views
By bus: Stagecoach bus service numbers 3 (Lancaster University to Morecambe Battery), 4 (Lancaster University to Heysham), 5 (Carnforth to Overton) run along Morecambe Promenade. The Festival Market is close to the Platform bus stop.
By train: There is a regular service from Lancaster to Morecambe train station which is only a 10 minute walk from the Festival Market.
Design an 18th birthday cake topping for Morecambe Festival Market
Morecambe’s Festival Market will be celebrating its 18th Birthday next month and has launched a competition to find someone who can design the perfect topping for its celebratory cake.
The competition is open to two age categories - under 11s and 11-16 year olds.
The winning design in each category will win vouchers to spend at the market for their designs and the overall winner will see their artistic creation in all its glory on the top of a real birthday cake.
The winners of each age group and overall winner will be announced at the market on Sunday, May 18th when all entries will be on show for everyone to admire along with the real birthday cake.
Entry forms are available now.
Giant charity cake bake
To put even more icing on the cake on the market’s big day, budding local bakers are also being invited to take part in a Big Charity Cake Bake competition to raise money for Hounds for Heroes.
The competition is free to enter and split into two age categories – under 11s and 11-16 and there will be prizes for those who can produce a winning batch of scones, cakes and biscuits.
After judging has taken place, competitors will also be given the opportunity to sell their produce and raise money for Hounds for Heroes if they wish.
Entry forms for the charity cake bake are now available.
Hounds for Heroes is a national charity which provides specially trained assistance dogs to injured and disabled men and women of both the UK Armed Forces and the Emergency Services.
The Festival Market is delighted to be able to offer its traders and customers with an exciting calendar of events for 2014.
Next Event - Easter Eggstravaganza - 18th - 21st April
The Festival Market in Morecambe is providing an egg-stra special treat for its customers this Easter.
From 18 – 21 April, children will be able to take part in Easter egg decorating as well as free competitions including an egg hunt, colouring competition and Easter bonnet parade. There will also be an opportunity to meet ‘Sparky Rabbit’ from Park Resorts Krew Club, who will be hopping along to entertain young shoppers throughout the weekend.
Visit the Park Resorts stall and children will be able to take part in a free colouring competition to win an art set and shoppers will be able to take part in a free prize draw to win a fabulous week’s holiday at a Park Resorts site.
This year’s Easter Egg hunt will challenge participants to find six Easter eggs hidden in the Festival Market. All correct entries into the competition will go into a prize draw to win vouchers to spend in the market. The competition starts on 5th April. Entry forms for this free competition are now available.
Children wishing to take part in the free Easter egg decorating sessions at the Festival Market should book in advance by calling the Festival Market tel. 01524 414251.
Bring along your decorated Easter bonnet at 3.30pm on Easter Sunday and take part in the parade which starts at 4pm. As well as chocolate eggs, there are also vouchers and prizes for the winners and don’t forget – it’s free to enter. There’s no need to book for this event – just turn up with your prize winning Easter bonnet on the day.
- 14th - 28th May - support your local markets during National Love your Markets Fortnight - to mark the fortnight the council has offered free stalls and pitches at the market to local budding entrepreneurs. Look out for some new faces at the market and a range of exciting new products including recycled and upcycled hats, handmade clay jewellery, handmade children’s clothes and delicious chocolate fountain strawberries, fruit kebabs and homemade lemonade.
- 18th May - Festival Market's 18th Birthday Celebrations - come along and celebrate your local market's 18th Birthday. Youngsters will be going had to head in a big Charity Cake Bake to raise money for national charity - Hounds for Heroes.
- 5th July - Summer Family Fun Day - live entertainment, free competitions, childrens entertainment and many more surprises for all the family.
- 20th September - Annual Dog Show - pamper your pooch and you could be in with a chance of winning a prize in one or even two of the many categories.
- 25th - 30th October - Halloween Spooktacular - get into the spirit of the occasion with pumpkin carving and a pumpkin parade. Children can take part in a ghost hunt or visit the market's very own haunted house.... if they dare!
- 6th - 7th December - Christmas Festival - get your Christmas off to a fabulous festive start with additional stalls, live entertainment, traditional Christmas fayre and other attractions. Santa will be arriving to open his grotto during the weekend and will be open to visitors every Saturday and Sunday in the run up to Christmas.
More information on each event will be available in due course.