The Festival Market
Combine shopping and sightseeing at Morecambe’s Festival Market.
Excellently located by Morecambe’s Promenade, with its unbeatable views towards the Lakeland hills, the Festival Market is one of the highlights the town has to offer for shoppers looking for a unique experience.
For all the latest news and offers, follow us on Facebook!
About the market
More than 100 stalls
With over a hundred stalls selling an enormous selection of products, some that you would expect to find in a market, others unique to us, you are sure to find what you are looking for. There are two welcoming cafes serving homemade meals and cakes and onsite public toilets.
Shoppers can be certain to find a warm welcome from the established stall holders at this traditional market and if you happen to be visiting one of the special events hosted by the market, the atmosphere will be even better.
A trip to the market is ideal for visitors wanting to experience all that Morecambe has to offer. Within walking distance are some wonderful iconic buildings including the famous art deco Midland Hotel and the Winter Gardens. The promenade offers 5 miles of wonderful scenery with interesting features along the way such as artwork and sculptures, a stone jetty, award-winning flower beds and the world famous Eric Morecambe statue – bring your cameras to recreate that famous pose.
Pick up a bargain by the sea
The Festival Market is easily accessible by train, bus, bike and car. There are large adjoining car parks, and Morecambe train station and bus station are close by.
The market is wheelchair friendly.
The market is open Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 5pm (4.30pm winter) and all Bank Holidays from Easter to August.
How to find us
Address: Festival Market, Central Drive, Morecambe Lancashire LA4 4DW
By car: Use the map below to get your journey directions. For satnav, use the postcode LA4 4DW. There is a large pay-and-display car park adjacent to the market.
Close to numerous attractions and stunning views
By bus: Stagecoach bus service numbers 3 (Lancaster University to Morecambe Battery), 4 (Lancaster University to Heysham), 5 (Carnforth to Overton) run along Morecambe Promenade. The Festival Market is close to the Platform bus stop.
By train: There is a regular service from Lancaster to Morecambe train station which is only a 10 minute walk from the Festival Market.
The Festival Market is delighted to be able to offer its traders and customers with an exciting calendar of events for 2014.
Dates for diary this year include:
- 18th - 21st April - Easter Extravaganza - competitions, craft workhops, egg hunt and lots more.
- 14th - 28th May - National Love your Markets Fortnight - stalls will be on offer for free to local budding entrepreneurs to get a taste of running their own business.
- 18th May - Festival Market's 18th Birthday Celebrations - come along and celebrate your local market's 18th Birthday with fun for all the family including a bake off for charity with prizes for the winners of several categories.
- 5th July - Summer Family Fun Day - live entertainment, free competitions, childrens entertainment and many more surprises for all the family.
- 20th September - Annual Dog Show - pamper your pooch and you could be in with a chance of winning a prize in one or even two of the many categories.
- 25th - 30th October - Halloween Spooktacular - get into the spirit of the occasion with pumpkin carving and a pumpkin parade. Children can take part in a ghost hunt or visit the market's very own haunted house.... if they dare!
- 6th - 7th December - Christmas Festival - get your Christmas off to a fabulous festive start with additional stalls, live entertainment, traditional Christmas fayre and other attractions. Santa will be arriving to open his grotto during the weekend and will be open to visitors every Saturday and Sunday in the run up to Christmas.
More information on each event will be available in due course.