Property Group is responsible for the maintenance of records with regard to the land and property in Council ownership. If you want to enquire if an area of land or property is owned by Lancaster City Council, please contact Property Group using the details below.
Unfortunately the City Council does not hold private ownership records, therefore if any land is not owned by Lancaster City Council we will not be able to provide further details. You could however try contacting one of the following for further information:
- Check whether the property is listed on the Lancaster District Property Portfolio, to which contains details of non-council industrial, commercial, retail and office properties, and development sites currently available across the district on www.lancaster.gov.uk/property
- Contact the Land Registry to enquire whether the land / property has been registered. Telephone the local Lancashire Office on 0300 006 0411, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website www.landreg.gov.uk/ for information. Please note, a nominal charge is made for this service.
- To enquire whether an area of land or a road forms part of the adopted highway, please contact Lancashire Highways Authority; Tel: 0300 123 6780, email email@example.com or visit their website www.lancashirehighways.gov.uk/ for information.
- Lancashire County Council may own areas of land in the district. Contact them on 0300 123 6701 or alternatively MARIO is Lancashire's online mapping service, which shows areas of County ownership. Visit http://mario.lancashire.gov.uk/ for further details.
- Local Parish Council’s can own areas of land within their district. To obtain contact details for the relevant Parish Council please contact the City Council’s Democratic Service, telephone (01524) 582070 or visit www.lancashireparishcouncils.gov.uk/
- You could also try enquiring with any adjoining owners of the land / property, who may be able to provide further information.