Location: Hale Carr Lane, Morecambe, LA3 2AE
Hale Carr Cemetery opened in 1926 and is one of seven cemeteries operated by Lancaster City Council.
The total area of the cemetery is approximately 6 acres, consisting of both consecrated and non-consecrated burial ground.
The site is located in Heysham, approximately two miles from Morecambe town centre and is surrounded by green space and residential properties.
Grave spaces and garden of remembrance plots are currently available to reserve, and it is a working cemetery.
The chapel is non-denominational and is available to all religions and beliefs to hold funeral and memorial services.
Built in 1926, with the opening of the cemetery, our chapel building has been vital to our funeral services and remains frequently used.
Woodland burial area
At the top of the cemetery, with views of Heysham, is our woodland burial site. This area was designed to offer many benefits to wildlife, whilst also introducing greater choice for the bereaved. The woodland graves offer a 'return to nature' for those who wish to be buried amongst trees, birds, mammals and wild flowers, without a traditional memorial.
Garden of remembrance
On the left by the main entrance is our garden of remembrance. Plots are available here to reserve or for immediate interment. This area is a popular and peaceful spot for interment, memorialisation and quiet reflection.
Last updated: 19 March 2019