Scotforth Cemetery opened in 1891 and is one of seven cemeteries operated by Lancaster City Council.
The total area of the cemetery is approximately 11 acres containing areas for Church of England, Non-Conformist and Roman Catholic burials. This cemetery also has a section available for Muslim burials and a section for Polish burials, however these are based on preference and not a restriction set by the cemeteries office.
There is also a Garden of Remembrance, and one chapel available for worship. The chapel is non-denominational and is available to all religions and beliefs.
Location of cemetery