Location: Halton Road, Lancaster, LA1 2EG
Skerton Cemetery opened in 1904 and is one of seven cemeteries operated by Lancaster City Council.
The total area of the cemetery is approximately six acres, consisting of both consecrated and non-consecrated burial ground.
The site is located approximately 4km from Lancaster city centre, and is surrounded by green space and residential properties.
Grave spaces and garden of remembrance plots are currently available to reserve, and it is a working cemetery.
There is a non-denominational chapel on site, which is available to all religions, sects and beliefs to hold funeral and memorial services.
Built in 1904, our chapel building has been vital to not only our funeral services, but also serving as a community space.
Garden of remembrance
There is a small garden of remembrance located at the cemetery entrance, opposite the chapel building. Plots are available here to reserve or for immediate interment. This area is a popular and peaceful spot for interment, memorialisation and quiet reflection.
Last updated: 19 March 2019