Environmental Health service request
Before submitting a service request or complaint, please read our guidance to ensure that we are the right service to help you.
1. Are you a resident in the Lancaster district? Our services are only available to residents and businesses in the Lancaster district (including Morecambe, Heysham, Galgate, Carnforth and the Lune Valley).
2. Listed below are the main service areas covered by Environmental Health. Follow the links to ensure we are able to help you, that you include the relevant details in your complaint or request, and that you are taking the correct actions:
3. Do not use this form to report accidents at work or suspected food poisoning. To report these please see our pages on accident reporting and food borne illness.
4. For issues relating to water quality see the Environment Agency (for river water), and United Utilities (for drinking water queries).
5. When I have submitted my request/complaint I understand I will be contacted by telephone, between 9am and 5pm, by an officer from Environmental Health within 2 working days (excluding weekends). If I am unable to be contacted within this time to verify the request/complaint, I understand that my request/complaint cannot be processed.
6. I appreciate that urgent requests should be telephoned to 01524 582935 and if it is out of office hours that I should use the emergency out-of-hours number, 01524 67099.
7. I understand that Lancaster City Council is unable to accept anonymous complaints submitted online.
8. The information that you have given on this form shall be treated as proprietary and confidential. It will only be used within Lancaster City Council for the purpose stated and will not be passed to any other parties or retained for any longer than is practically required.
Continue to online service request