Lancaster City Council is responsible for dealing with fly-tipping on streets and public land in the district. To report a fly-tipping problem you can:
- Report fly-tipping online
- Call Customer Services on 01524 582491
Please provide as much information as possible when reporting an issue.
Do you know who’s taking your waste away?
Did you know that householders can be fined up to £5,000 if their bulky household waste ends up being fly-tipped by an illegitimate waste removal service?
Whether it is DIY, building or refurbishment debris, unwanted furniture, fixtures and fittings or excess household waste, all householders have a duty of care to ensure they are using a waste removal service which will dispose of it on a licensed site and not a layby.
If evidence can be found amongst any fly-tipped waste by our enforcement team which traces the waste back to its owner, it could mean that the householder or business can be prosecuted for failing to make insufficient checks as to the legitimacy of the disposal service they as well as the cost incurred by the council to clear it up.
If you’re looking to have waste removed from your property or business, a legitimate waste carrier will always:
- Be registered with the environment agency
- Have a waste carrier licence which can be verified on the Environment Agency website
- Provide a waste transfer note for removal of any waste on request (eg following building or garden work)
- Provide details of the site license where the waste is to be disposed
- Be able to provide proof of where it was taken in the form of an official weight ticket which will identify the disposal site
Last updated: 02 August 2017