Home Improvement Agency services
Lancaster City Council's Home Improvement Agency (HIA) helps vulnerable residents who are elderly, disabled or on low income to repair, improve, maintain and adapt their homes.
We aim to help people remain comfortable and independent by offering free, impartial advice on:
- Maintenance and repairs
- Energy efficiency and home safety
- Getting estimates and dealing with builders and contractors
- Increasing benefits and raising finance to carry out essential work.
- Independent advice on moving home
- List of Safe Trader registered contractors*
(* Registered under Lancashire County Council's Trading Standards Safe Trader scheme).
How to contact us
- To arrange a free visit call us on 01524 582257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online enquiry form.
For more information on our services see our guide to HIA services (PDF, 1.9MB). If you would like more copies of this leaflet to give to clients or to display in your premises, please contact us.