Happy Mount Park was originally created in the 1920s as a traditional urban park area. Today's family-friendly attractions cater for more modern tastes, whilst carefully retaining the atmosphere of peace and tranquillity of a traditional park.
We want your views. Take part in our survey and tell us what you think of Happy Mount Park and where we can improve.
- We are open daily from 8.30am and entry is free
- View the Happy Mount Park visitor guide (PDF, 4.2MB)
- View our 2017 brass bands programme (PDF, 746KB)
- Explore our habitat trail (PDF, 975KB)
Activities and attractions
- Splash Park (click to see page for more info)
- Pirates In The Park indoor play area*
- Unique outdoor natural adventure play area
- Ornamental gardens, woodland walk and habitat trail
- Crown green bowling green (see Bowling passes)
- 18-hole putting green
- Swing boats*
- Adventure golf*
- Children’s roundabout*
- Floodlit multi-purpose pitch for tennis, basketball, five-a-side football and roller hockey (call 01524 582448 to book)
(*Privately operated - please call 01524 401140 for details)
The park is open daily from 8.30am to dusk.
Getting to Happy Mount Park
By car: Use the map below to get your journey directions. For satnav, use the postcode LA4 6AQ. There is a pay-and-display car park on the promenade close to the park entrance.
By bus: Stagecoach bus service number 5 (Overton to Carnforth) passes the park. Services 3 and 4 (Lancaster to Heysham) stop at the end of Princes Crescent, a five minute walk from the park.
Last updated: 25 July 2017