How to pay business rates
You can pay business rates in the following ways:
- By direct debit.
- Online via our secure website
- Post your payment to us. (Please don’t send cash through the post)
- By credit card or debit card (24 hours): Telephone 0845 6017297
- At any Post Office (please take your bill where the barcode will be scanned to ensure payment to your account)
Paying by cheque
At the Post Office: Make your cheques or postal orders payable to Post Office Counters Ltd and write ‘account payee’ down the centre of your cheque if it isn’t there already.
Sending to the council: Make your cheques or postal orders payable to Lancaster City Council and write ‘account payee’ down the centre of your cheque if it isn’t there already.
- Please write your reference number on the back of your cheque or postal order.
- Please note that we do not accept post-dated cheques.
- Remittance advices must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Paying by BACS
Lancaster City Council's bank details have changed with effect from 01 March 2015. The new details are:
Bank Name: NatWest Bank
Bank Address: 68 Church Street, Lancaster.
Branch Sort Code: 01-54-90
Bank Account Number: Collection Account 64848426