We are continuing to update the evidence that informs preparation of the local plan.
Employment Land Review
The Employment Land Review represents a core element of the Council’s understanding of local employment and economic issues and is an important part of the evidence base which will inform and assist in the preparation of the Local Plan for Lancaster District 2011 – 2031.
- Review of the Employment Land Positon for Lancaster District (pdf, 15.2mb) (Turley, published January 2015)
- Employment Land Survey Report (pdf, 3.3mb) (LCC, Summer 2015)
- Employment Land Survey Maps and Supporting Data (pdf, 22.1mb) (LCC, Summer 2015)
- Partial Employment Land Review Final Report (pdf, 1.5mb) (Atkins, October 2008)
- Partial Employment Land Review Appendices (pdf, 8.8mb) (Atkins, October 2008)
Economic Prospects Reports
The economic and employment work commissioned from Turley’s is the publication of an ‘Achieving Economic Potential’ document in 2015, looked at how the Council could seek to achieve economic growth within the district through the forthcoming plan period. The strategy looked at the district’s economic strengths and weaknesses before setting out a number of opportunities for economic growth. This work has now been updated in September 2017, see the report below.
- Lancaster District Economic Prospects: Update Report (pdf, 583kb) (Turley, September 2017)
- Prospects and Recommendation for Achieving Economic Potential (pdf, 697kb) (Turley, April 2015)
Last updated: 07 November 2017