Online and telephone payments will be unavailable from 1pm Monday 20 November to 12pm Tuesday 21 November due to an essential system upgrade.
We are continuing to update the evidence that informs preparation of the local plan.
Flood risk assessment
Flood risk assessment plays a part in making the local plan. The Strategic Flood Risk Assessment 2017 is used alongside the Environment Agency information on flood risk. Please refer to the Environment Agency for the most up to date information.
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) (PDF, 2.4MB) (JBA, October 2017)
- SFRA Interactive Maps (JBA, to be uploaded shortly)
- SFRA Site Assessment Table (PDF, 924KB)(JBA, October 2017)
- SFRA Note to File re Flood Zone 3b (PDF, 389KB) (JBA, October 2017)
Green Belt Review
Lancaster City Council has prepared a review of the North Lancashire Green Belt in order to inform the preparation of the local development plan for the district. The purpose of this Green Belt Review is to provide an objective and impartial appraisal of the North Lancashire Green Belt against national Green Belt policy, in particular the five purposes of the Green Belt as defined in the National Planning Policy Framework.
- Green Belt Review Report (PDF, 1004KB) (November 2016)
- Green Belt Review Map (PDF, 21.8MB)
- Appendices (see below)
Local Green Space
The following two reports are a summary of the landscape assessment completed by Arcadis in March 2016.
- Landscape, Townscape and Visual Field Summary Report (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Landscape, Townscape and Visual Field Reference Maps (PDF, 35.7MB)
Other landscape assessments:
- Landscape Assessment Project Brief (PDF, 941KB) (January 2012)
- Assessment of Key Urban Landscapes - Stage 1 (PDF, 1.7MB) (November 2012)
- Evaluation of Key Urban Landscapes - Stage 2 (PDF, 2MB) (November 2012)
- Landscape Assessment Bailrigg, Lancaster (PDF, 6.3MB) (November 2012)
- Landscape Assessment Carnforth South (PDF, 4.8MB) (November 2012)
- Landscape Assessment Heysham Energy Coast (PDF, 3MB)(November 2012)
- Landscape Assessment Whinney Carr, Lancaster (PDF, 4.3MB) (November 2012)
- Landscape Assessment Grab Lane, Lancaster (PDF, 9.7MB) (November 2012)
- A Landscape Strategy for Lancashire: Landscape Character Assessment (PDF, 6.6MB) (December 2000)
Preliminary Ecological Appraisals
- Conservation area appraisals
- Lancaster Cultural Heritage Strategy (PDF, 848KB) (March 2011)
- Lancaster Canal Corridor North Assessment of Heritage Values and Significance (PDF, 95MB) (January 2012)
- Heritage Impact Assessment for Site Allocations in the Local Plan (August 2017).
- Consultation comments (August 2017)
- Air Quality (2015) Links to evidence gathered by the Environmental Health team which is used in the Local Plan preparation
- Grab Lane, Lancaster Setting Study (PDF, 26MB) (February 2013)
- Contaminated Land
Last updated: 17 November 2017