We are continuing to update the evidence that informs preparation of the local plan.
The housing land monitoring report provides detailed information on the supply of housing land across the district. The report includes information relating to annual completion rates, housing commitments and five year land supply.
- Housing Land Monitoring Report (2018) (anticipated July 2018)
- Housing Land Supply Statement 2018 (anticipated July 2018)
- Five Year Housing Trajectory Reports 2018 (anticipated July 2018)
- Housing Land Montoring Report 2017 (PDF, 658KB) (August 2017)
- Housing Land Supply Statement (PDF, 740KB) (October 2017)
- Five Year Housing Trajectory (PDF, 267KB) (October 2017)
Housing Land Monitoring Archived Reports
|Monitoring Reports||Supply Statements||Five Year Trajectory|
|Housing Land Monitoring Report 2016 (PDF, 1.2MB) (February 2017)||Housing Land Supply Statement 2016 (PDF, 810KB) (March 2017||Five Year Housing Trajectory (PDF, 272KB) (March 2017)|
|Housing Land Monitoring Report (PDF, 1.2MB) (July 2015)||Housing Land Supply Statement (PDF, 741KB) (September 2015)||Five Year Housing Trajectory (PDF, 74KB) (September 2015)|
|Housing Land Monitoring Report 2014||Housing Land Supply Statement 2014|
|Housing Land Monitoring Report 2013||Interim Five Year Housing Land Supply Statement 2013||Housing Land Trajectory 2013|
Pre 2012 Housing Land Monitoring Reports
- Meeting Housing Needs Supplementary Planning Document (PDF, 1.9MB) (February 2013)
- Affordable Housing Viability Study (PDF, 2.2MB) (July 2010)
- Lancaster District Rural Settlements Report (PDF, 256KB) (2011) Key findings for the district’s eight rural settlements identified in the Lancaster District Core Strategy.
We are currently undertaking a Strategic Housing and Employment Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA) for the district. The methodology updates the 2015 Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) methodology and provides the framework through which the deliverability of sites will be assessed. Unlike the SHLAA the SHELAA also contains an assessment on employment land delivery combining the assessment of housing and employment land in the district for the first time.
- SHELLA Methodology (PDF, 972KB) / Consultation responses (PDF, 240KB) (November 2017)
- Interim 2 Strategic Housing and Employment Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA) (PDF, 3.4MB) (Updated May 2018)
- SHLAA (October 2015)
In 2014 the Council commissioned Turleys to provide an Objectively Assessed Housing Need (OAN) figure for the district. The Independent Housing Requirement Study was published in 2015. Taking account of a wide range of supporting information and market checks the study reports a range of scenarios of housing need in the district providing the evidence base for employment and housing growth in the Local Plan.
In December 2017 the Council recommissioned Turleys to assess the Council’s position in relation to its OAN. The Verification Study seeks to test the 2015 OAN recommendations and determine whether they remain valid in the context of changing circumstances including new household projections, updated house price data, national planning policy changes, changing economic growth projections and the latest views of Local Plan Inspectors and the Courts. The report confirms that the need for housing in the district continues to fall within the wider range of projected housing need established through the 2015 Report confirming a general consistency between the findings and updated modelling included within the report.
- OAN Verification Study (Turley) (PDF, 1.9MB) (March 2018)
In February 2018 the Council published the Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA) (Part ii) (2018). The study provides an up-to-date analysis of the social economic, housing and demographic situation across the area providing an assessment of housing need and affordable housing requirements in the district and an analysis of the housing needs of specific groups of people.
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment (Part II) Final Report (Arc4) (PDF, 7.7MB) (February 2018)
- FAQs for Strategic Housing Market Assessment (PDF, 208KB)
Lancaster City Council has undertaken a review of the assessment of the settlements identified as sustainable within the Development Management DPD by Policy DM42 (approved 2014). Prior to conducting the review, a revision to the methodology was proposed. The revised methodology was subject to consultation, a copy of the finalised methodology can be found at the link below . This has been used to conduct the Sustainable Settlements Review, an interim report can also be found below. The Sustainable Settlements Review is an evidence base document that informs the Local Plan: a policy decision is needed to conclude which settlements should be identified as Sustainable Settlements. This policy decision in made in the Local Plan. A Background Paper has been produced to explain how the evidence collected through the Sustainable Settlements Review has informed planning policy decisions.
- Settlement Review Methodology (PDF, 1.2MB) (October 2017)
- Interim Sustainable Settlement Review (PDF, 5.1MB) (May 2018)
- Background Paper: Sustainable Settlements (PDF, 226KB) (February 2018)
Last updated: 14 May 2018