We are continuing to update the evidence that informs preparation of the local plan.
The housing land monitoring report provides detailed information on the supply of housing land across the district. The report includes information relating to annual completion rates, housing commitments and five year land supply.
- Housing Land Montoring Report 2017 (pdf, 658kb) (August 2017)
- Housing Land Supply Statement (pdf, 740kb) (October 2017)
- Five Year Housing Trajectory (pdf, 267kb) (October 2017)
- Previous years - see below
- Meeting Housing Needs Supplementary Planning Document (pdf, 1.9mb) (February 2013)
- Affordable Housing Viability Study (pdf, 2.2mb) (July 2010)
- Housing Needs and Demands Survey - Final Report (pdf, 1.4mb) (Summer 2012)
- Housing Needs and Demands Survey - Appendices (pdf, 2.8mb) (Summer 2012)
- Lancaster District Rural Settlements Report (pdf, 256kb) (2011) Key findings for the district’s eight rural settlements identified in the Lancaster District Core Strategy.
We are currently undertaking a Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA) for the district. The methodology updates the 2015 Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) methodology and provides the framework through which the deliverability of sites will be assessed. Unlike the SHLAA the SHELAA also contains an assessment on employment land delivery combining the assessment of housing and employment land in the district for the first time.
- SHELLA Methodology (pdf, 972kb) / Consultation responses (pdf, 240kb) (November 2017)
- Interim Strategic Housing and Employment Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA) (pdf, 2.1mb) (February 2018)
- SHLAA (October 2015)
- Lancaster Independent Housing Requirements Study (Part I) (pdf, 2.5mb) (October 2015)
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment (Part II) Interim Report (pdf, 3mb)(November 2017)
- FAQs for Strategic Housing Market Assessment (pdf, 208kb)
The Lancaster City Council are seeking to undertake a review of the assessment of the settlements identified as sustainable within the Development Management DPD, (approved 2014), Policy DM42. To support this process a methodology has been been consulted on and now approved
- Settlement Review Methodology (pdf, 1.2mb) (October 2017)
Last updated: 14 February 2018