The Planning and Housing Policy Team prepare the Local Plan documents and produce housing policy. The team is based in Morecambe Town Hall.
Site suggestions map book published
As part of the work needed for the next stage of the Land Allocations DPD the council is updating its Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment. The sites are yet to be assessed for their potential to provide new homes in the district, but the Sites Suggestion Map Book showing all the sites to be assessed is now available to view on the SHLAA web page.
Lancaster district's housing requirement update
The council has commissioned Turleys Associates to prepare a new Independent Housing Requirements Study to provide robust and credible evidence of the housing requirements in the district over the period 2011-2031. The report will be used to inform the new Local Plan for the district, particularly the Land Allocations DPD. The report is currently subject to Duty to Co-operate consultation with neighbouring local authorities until Friday 29 November 2013, and will be published on the website shortly afterwards. For further information please contact the Planning and Housing policy Team on 01524 582383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication of Development Management DPD and Morecambe Area Action Plan
The Publication versions of the Development Management DPD and Morecambe Area Action Plan are now available for representations until 5pmThursday 21 November 2013. This is a formal stage in the plan-making process and the council are inviting representations from interested parties on their soundness and legal compliance with planning legislation. The documents are available on the council website, the local libraries and in both town halls from Thursday 10 October. Please visit the following webpages dfor more information:
Walney Offshore Windfarm Extension
This is a project to extend the existing offshore wind farm at Walney, off the Cumbrian coast. If approved, the scheme could add an additional 207 turbines, generating up to 750MW of electricity. The electricity generated will be connected to the national grid through a new onshore sub-station at Heysham. Due to size of the project it is classed as Nationally Strategic Infrastructure Project and the application will be dealt with by the Planning Inspectorate.
Lancaster City Council has been working in partnership with DONG Energy and other affected local authorities, including Lancashire County Council, Cumbria County Council and Copeland Borough Council from the outset to ensure that local people have been properly engaged and consulted with, so that local views can help shape the eventual outcome.
The project has reached the stage where DONG Energy submitted their proposals to Planning Inspectorate for examination on 28 June 2013. There is now an opportunity for individuals or organisations to make representations between 10 August 2013 and 20 September 2013, for consideration by the planning inspector. The examination is expected to take place in autumn 2013 with a decision by the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change expected in 2014.
If you would like to learn more about this project, please follow this link to Cumbria County Council’s website, or if you would like know how to make a comment on the planning application, please flow this link to Planning Inspectorate's website.
- Independent Housing Requirements Study - Final Report, October 2013 (pdf, 2.5mb)
- Development Management - Representation Statement, December 2013 (pdf, 173kb)
- Development Management - Summary of representations received, December 2013 (pdf, 742kb)
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment - Site Suggestions Map Book 2013
- Development Management DPD, Publication Version
- Morecambe Area Action Plan, Publication and Map
- Interim Five Year Housing Land Supply Statement (pdf, 1.8MB)
- Housing Land Monitoring Report 2013 (pdf, 1.5MB)
- Housing Land Trajectory 2013 (pdf, 1.1MB)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2012 (pdf, 2.8MB)
- Grab Lane Setting Study by AHP - A study of the historic setting in and around Grab Lane, Lancaster.
- Land Allocations DPD Landscape Assessments by Woolerton-Dodwell - As part of the Lancaster District Local Plan work, Woolerton Dodwell have undertaken an assessment of the emerging strategic site options at Bailrigg, Carnforth South, Grab Lane, Heysham Energy Coast and Whinney Carr.
Do I live in a conservation area? Click here and enter you address details to find out.
Can I view conservation areas on a map? Visit MARIO and select the Countryside, Environment and Waste map.
Planning Policy Consultation
Have your say on thefuture of the district? Please email email@example.com or call the team on 01524 582383 and asked to be added to the mailing list. You will then receive emails about progress on the Local Plan documents, up coming consultations and other planning policy matters.