We have prepared a series of Supplementary Planning Documents which seek to elaborate and supplement existing policy guidance found with the Council’s Local Plan, in particular the Development Management DPD.
- Meeting Housing Needs SPD (PDF, 1.8MB) (7 February 2013)
- Shopfronts and Advertisements SPD (PDF, 1.7MB) (Janaury 2016)
- Application of the Flood Risk Sequential Test and Exception Test (PDF, 486KB)(February 2018)
We have recently consulted on an Employment and Skills Plans SPD and are currently considering the responses.
Development briefs provide planning guidance on how specific larger, complex or sensitive sites should be developed. They show which policies apply to each site, as well as detailed guidance on things like access, design and landscaping.
- Lancaster University/Bailrigg Business Park Development Brief (PDF, 375KB) (April 2002)
- Kingsway Development Brief (PDF, 571KB) (May 2002)
- Lancaster Canal Corridor North Development Brief (PDF, 1.6MB) May 2002)
- Luneside East Development Brief (PDF, 631KB) (revised September 2004)
We have also prepared a series of guidance notes which seek to inform and guide applicants, developers and other interested parties in a range of planning matters. Whilst these are not a formal part of the Local Plan for Lancaster District 2011 – 2031 they do provide a useful source of information.
- Householder Design Guide (PDF, 489KB) (December 2014)
- Waste and recycling provision at domestic dwellings (PDF, 291KB) (February 2015)
- Surface Water Drainage, Flood Risk Management and Watercourses (PDF, 1.8MB) (May 2015)
- Edibles in Landscaping (Encouraging the Growing of Food within Residential Development) (PDF, 371KB) (June 2015)
- Open Space Provision in New Residential Development (PDF, 515KB) (October 2015)
- Provision of Electric Vehicle Charging Points New Developments (PDF, 599KB)(September 2017)
- Affordable Housing Practice Note (PDF, 864KB) (September 2017)
- Low Emissions and Air Quality (PDF, 1.1MB)(September 2017)
- Application of the Flood Risk Sequential Test and Exception Test (February 2018) (PDF, 486KB)
Last updated: 27 March 2018