Through the Planning Portal website
Before you submit an application check that you have:
- Form - completed the correct application form
- Certificate - filled in and signed the correct certificate (found at the end of the application form – it relates to land ownership)
- Plans - drawn up the relevant plans to an appropriate scale, as stated in our Planning Application Validation Guide (DOC, 3.7MB)
- Documents - drafted the required supporting documents, as stated in our Planning Application Validation Guide (DOC, 3.7MB) and designations and constraints guidance
- Fees - paid any relevant fee, as stated in the schedule of planning fees (PDF, 175KB)
All five of the above are required in order to validate an application.
Any sensitive information of a personal or commercial nature must be submitted as a separate document clearly marked "confidential".
Lancaster City Council Privacy Statement (Planning)
Other ways to submit an application
If you are unable to apply online, fees can be paid by cheque, payable to Lancaster City Council (please write your name and the site address on the back) or by credit or debit card over the telephone. To pay by card please telephone 01524 582950 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Planning Application Validation Guide - Consultation
In accordance with the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) and its associated National Planning Practice Guidance, Lancaster City Council regularly reviews their local list for the purposes of validating planning related applications. The Council’s local list is set out in its Planning Application Validation Guide. This guide has been updated taking into consideration new local and national planning policies and is available for consultation purposes. This updated version (PAVG Consultation - Oct2019 (PDF, 2.4MB)) will be available for a 6 week consultation period until Friday 29 November. If you wish to make any comments on the updated version please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the consultation period. Please note that planning related applications will be validated in accordance with the existing 2019 Planning Application Validation Guide until the updated version has been consulted upon, amended where required and published. Once published it will replace the existing 2019 version and will be available on the Council’s website.
Last updated: 14 October 2019