Through the Planning Portal website
Before you submit an application check that you have:
- Form - completed the correct application form
- Certificate - filled in and signed the correct certificate (found at the end of the application form – it relates to land ownership)
- Plans - drawn up the relevant plans to an appropriate scale, as stated in our Planning Application Validation Guide (DOC, 3.7MB)
- Documents - drafted the required supporting documents, as stated in our Planning Application Validation Guide (DOC, 3.7MB) and designations and constraints guidance
- Fees - paid any relevant fee, as stated in the schedule of planning fees (PDF, 175KB)
All five of the above are required in order to validate an application.
Any sensitive information of a personal or commercial nature must be submitted as a separate document clearly marked "confidential".
Lancaster City Council Privacy Statement (Planning)
Other ways to submit an application
If you are unable to apply online, fees can be paid by cheque, payable to Lancaster City Council (please write your name and the site address on the back) or by credit or debit card over the telephone. To pay by card please telephone 01524 582950 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Last updated: 03 December 2019