Tree Sponsorship Scheme
Have you ever thought about commemorating an anniversary in an exceptional way, or dedicating a tree as a unique memorial to a loved one?
Planting a tree with our Tree Sponsorship Scheme offers just that opportunity - and helps our environment too.
Why sponsor a tree?
Individuals, families, groups of friends, community groups, schools, local businesses, charities - anyone can sponsor a tree for whatever reason they choose.
A tree can be sponsored:
- as a gift
- in memory of a loved one
- to celebrate a special occasion
- or just for the joy of watching it grow.
Why do we need trees?
- Remove carbon dioxide from our atmosphere and in turn release oxygen in vast quantities every year
- Filter gaseous and particulate pollutants from the air we breathe
- Provide colour, interest and a sense of the changing seasons all year round
- Provide essential resources for birds, mammals and insects and other wildlife
- Can make a fitting memorial to a loved one or to celebrate a special occasion
How does the scheme work?
The cost of sponsoring a single new tree is £150.00
This includes purchase of the tree, planting, and the maintenance required whilst the tree becomes established.
Once you have selected a type of tree and a location you will receive a certificate and map confirming our commitment and intention to plant a new tree on your behalf, and in the location you have identified.
Your name and your dedication (optional) will be added to our tree sponsors web page.
Currently trees can be sponsored for Happy Mount Park in Morecambe, Ryelands Park , north Lancaster, or Greaves Park, south Lancaster. We hope to add more locations in the future.
Some parish councils are also taking part in the scheme - please contact your local parish council to find out if trees can be sponsored where you live.
What do I need to know?
Read the Terms and Conditions of tree sponsorship.
What do I do next?
Apply Online now or find out other ways to apply.