Salt Ayre Fitness Facilities
Students and staff from the University of Cumbria are able to access the vast sporting facilitites available at Salt Ayre Leisure Centre, as part of their University Gym Membership package.
Your membership will entitle you to access the following Salt Ayre facilities and benefits:
- Access to the gym & gym induction
- Access to The Training Zone
- Access to the Immersive cycle studio
- All fitness classes (over 100 per week)
- Personal training programme
- Monthly progression check ups
- Members' Steam Room
- Access to Swimming pool (during Public swim times only)
- 20% off treatments in Tranquil Spa
- 20% off XHeight & Gravity bookings
Upon registration you will be given an induction to both the university and Salt Ayre Leisure Centre. You will be required to book your Salt Ayre induction via Salt Ayre Leisure Centre, and arrange it for a time which will be convenient to you. For your Salt Ayre induction, you will be required to present your University card; once your induction has been completed you will be issued a Salt Ayre Membership Card, which you will need to display each time you use the Salt Ayre Leisure Centre facilities.
Salt Ayre Leisure Centre is easily accessible by car, bicycle and public transport.
- By bus - The number 6A bus from Lancaster and Morecambe stops at the ASDA supermarket. We're a 2 minute walk from the bus stop.
- By car - Follow the signs to Salt Ayre Leisure Centre from the A683. Free parking is available on site.
- By bike – Salt Ayre is on the Greenway cycle path between Lancaster and Morecambe and there's plenty of safe cycle racks on site to store your bike.
Sport Rehabilitation Clinic
Do you experience pain or niggles during physical activity?
Get back into full fitness with the University of Cumbria Sport Rehabilitation Clinic which is run by students under qualified supervision in The Hub at Salt Ayre Leisure Centre.
Appointments every Monday & Tuesday, on the hour.
Monday - 10am - 3pm
Tuesday - 2pm - 7pm
Please note the clinic will be closed from 17th December - 20th January. Normal clinic operation will commence from 21st January 2019.
Consultation, assessment & treatment plan
Just £10 per session
Deep tissue sports massage also available.
Please call 01524 847 540, or enquire at Salt Ayre Reception to book your appointment!
Last updated: 14 January 2019