From September 2014, students and staff from the University of Cumbria are able to access the vast sporting facilitites available at Salt Ayre Sports Centre, as part of their University Gym Membership package.
Salt Ayre Sports Centre facilities include:
- Health and Fitness suite
- Over 50 fitness classes per week
- 33metre swimming pool, spa pool and water slide
- Sauna and steam suite
- Outdoor floodlit athletics track
- Purpose built floodlit cycle track
- Synthetic sports pitch
- Outdoor grass pitches
Upon registration you will be given an induction to both the university and Salt Ayre Sports Centre. You will be required to book your Salt Ayre induction via Salt Ayre Sports Centre, and arrange it for a time which will be convenient to you. For your Salt Ayre induction, you will be required to present your University card; once your induction has been completed you will be issued a Salt Ayre Membership Card, which you will need to display each time you use the Salt Ayre Sports Centre facilities.
Salt Ayre Sports Centre is easily accessible by car, bicycle and public transport.
- By bus - The number 6A bus from Lancaster and Morecambe stops at the ASDA supermarket. We're a 2 minute walk from the bus stop.
- By car - Follow the signs to Salt Ayre Sports Centre from the A683. Free parking is available on site.
- By bike – Salt Ayre is on the Greenway cycle path between Lancaster and Morecambe and there's plenty of safe cycle racks on site to store your bike.
Last updated: 18 May 2016