Buildings and facilities
The current open/closed status is as follows:
- The Platform - Closed for events until 31 March 2021 at the earliest. Call 01524 582803 (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 10am-4pm) for refunds.
- Williamson Park - Cafe open for takeaway only, some toilets open. Shop, Butterfly House and zoo remain closed.
- Play areas - All city council play areas now open. See lancaster.gov.uk/play-areas for full details and Covid-19 guidance
- Salt Ayre Leisure Centre
- Tranquil Spa and Beauty limited opening. See lancaster.gov.uk/tranquilspa for details
- Gym and Fitness classes now open. Pre-book all sessions at lancaster.gov.uk/fitnessclasses
- Open Ayre outdoor children's play is open. Pre-book all sessions at lancaster.gov.uk/openayre
- If you are a current member and have any questions about your membership, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feel Good Suite is open. All sessions must be pre-booked. See lancaster.gov.uk/feelgood
- Museums (City, Maritime and Cottage) - Closed. You can still get your history 'fix' with free online virtual tours of famous museums, online history lessons, and the ultimate Lancashire quiz.
- White Lund Garden Centre - Closed
- The Storey – Open 9.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
- Printroom café - Open 9.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday and 9am - 4pm on Saturday
- Citylab - Public meeting rooms closed. Tenants are not affected.
- Visitor Information Centres - Closed
- Lancaster and Morecambe town halls – Customer service centres closed. Please telephone 01524 582000 or email email@example.com.
- Festival Market - Open
- Charter Market - Open at temporary location in Dalton Square
- Assembly Rooms - Open
- Arnside and Silverdale AONB – Offices closed to the public until further notice
All of our cemetery grounds remain open as usual. We welcome visitors to our grounds, but ask that they observe and practice social distancing guidelines as in any public space. There are some changes with regard to funeral services, which will be advised at the time of booking a funeral.
Our parks remain open for people to use for daily exercise. Please observe social distancing and keep two metres apart.
A number of changes have been made to our grounds maintenance operations. While we are striving to continue the delivery of services, a number of changes to that provision so we can focus our limited resources on critical areas related to responding to the coronavirus pandemic.
This revised programme will allow us to continue to provide essential services to the public such as waste and refuse collections, and to support the council’s wider work of helping vulnerable residents. Find out more about these changes (PDF, 537KB).