Following advice from central government, the following council buildings and facilities are closed to the public until futher notice:
- The Platform. Closed for events until 31 December 2020. Call 01524 582803 (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 10am-4pm) for refunds.
- Williamson Park - cafe open for takeaway only, some toilets open. Shop, Butterfly House and zoo remain closed.
- Salt Ayre Leisure Centre - If you are a current member and have any questions or queries about your membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Museums (City, Maritime and Cottage). You can still get your history 'fix' with free online virtual tours of famous museums, online history lessons, and the ultimate Lancashire quiz.
- White Lund Garden Centre
- The Storey – Printroom café and all public meeting spaces will be closed until further notice. Tenants are not affected.
- Citylab - public meeting rooms. Tenants are not affected.
- Visitor Information Centres
- Lancaster and Morecambe town halls – Customer service centres are now closed. Please telephone 01524 582000 or email email@example.com.
- Festival Market - partially open
- Charter Market - open from Saturday 27 June at temporary location in Dalton Square
- Assembly Rooms
- Arnside and Silverdale AONB – The offices will be closed to the public until further notice.
All of our cemetery grounds remain open as usual. We welcome visitors to our grounds, but ask that they observe and practice social distancing guidelines as in any public space. There are some changes with regard to funeral services, which will be advised at the time of booking a funeral.
Our parks remain open for people to use for daily exercise. Please observe social distancing and keep two metres apart.
A number of changes have been made to our grounds maintenance operations. While we are striving to continue the delivery of services, a number of changes to that provision so we can focus our limited resources on critical areas related to responding to the coronavirus pandemic.
This revised programme will allow us to continue to provide essential services to the public such as waste and refuse collections, and to support the council’s wider work of helping vulnerable residents. Find out more about these changes (PDF, 537KB).