Reopening your premises
Hairdressers and barbers
Street cafe licensing
Reopening of salons and spas
- Reopening salons and spas following lockdown: reducing risks of Covid-19 and other considerations (PDF)
Reopening of licensed premises
- Update for licensed premises following new local and national restrictions (updated 23 September 2020) (PDF, 125KB)
- Further advice and clarification for reopening licensed premises (updated 10 July 2020) (PDF)
- Advice for premises licence holders (PDF)
Register your business
Register your business details with our Business Support Team and allow us to help you during the pandemic and beyond.
Social distancing posters
We've produced some social distancing signage posters that you can print off and use in your business premises.
Health and safety support
A video overview of health and safety for your business, whether you are still operating, planning to re-open, or not yet permitted to operate:
Health and Safety for Businesses
Food business support
Our Food Safety Forum provides free advice, guidance, videos and frequently asked questions to help you run your food business safely. If you are operating a takeaway or delivery food service and have any questions about hygiene, allergens, cleaning and social distancing, the Food Safety Forum can answer them.
Private rented accomodation
General business support
The government has published guidance on working safely during Coronavirus. The guidance covers the following business areas:
- Construction and other outdoor work
- Factories, plants and warehouses
- Labs and research facilities
- Offices and contact centres
- Working in other people's homes
- Restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway services
- Shops and branches
Coronavirus business recovery toolkit
To help your business recover from the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic use our Coronavirus business recovery toolkit (PDF)
Managing the risk to staff, customers and other visitors
When planning to reopen your business, please consider the risks to your staff and customers.Use our Coronavirus risk assessment template (DOCX) as a guide to reopening safely.
Queue management and social distancing
Legionnaires’ disease risk
When buildings reopen after lockdown, it is essential that water systems are not put back into use without considering the risks of Legionnaires’ disease.
- For advice please see Legionella information for businesses (PDF)
Business support team
Contact the business support team by email at email@example.com
Lancaster City Council has developed a package of measures so business owners have the confidence to reopen in a manner that is safe not only for customers, but for their staff and themselves. Some of this work has been funded by the European Regional Development Fund.