Assembly Rooms Emporium (indoor market in Lancaster)
Market specialising in antiques, collectables and curiosities, vintage and alternative goods, arts and crafts.
- Located on the ground floor of one of Lancaster's Grade II listed heritage buildings
- Just a stone's throw from the city's two main shopping centres and numerous cultural and historical attractions including the City Museum and Lancaster Castle
- Offers the perfect opportunity for small or start up businesses of the arts and crafts industry to showcase and sell their creations on the high street.
- Now open 6 days a week (Tuesday to Sunday) and summer Bank Holidays
- No vacancies at the moment but please submit a Market Trader - Expression of Interest form to go on the waiting list.
Trade for free
Sign up to at least three months of trading and get your first month free.
- Varies according to size. From £25 to £76.50 per week.
Apply for a stall
Festival Market (covered market in Morecambe)
We currently have a number of units and stalls available at the market for a number of commodities - please see vacant commodities below.
- The rental varies - please see stall rental below and special offer for new traders below.
- Open Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, 9am - 5pm (summer), 9am - 4.30pm (winter)
- 15 lock-up shop units with a trading area of 13.37 square metres (144 square feet)
- More than 100 stalls each with a trading area of 9.29 square metres (100 square feet)
- Half stalls are also available for casual traders
- Additional footfall generated by festivals and events which take place close by throughout the summer in Morecambe and all year round at the market.
- Security available to enable stallholders to leave goods in market whilst building is closed.
- Regular visits from coach groups as well as regular visitors to the market.
Apply for a stall
- Festival Market trader rules (PDF)
- Stall plan (XLS)
- Trader welcome pack (PDF)
- Stall rental (PDF)
- Vacant Commodities (PDF)
Discounted rates for new traders
Traders bringing a new commodity to the market are eligible for a discounted rental of just £100 per month for the first three months of trading – a fantastic opportunity for new traders to get off to a flying start and benefit from the increase in footfall during spring/summer trading. You need to commit to trading for an additional month (or for three additional months if you sign up between May and July). Commodities must be new or currently absent from the market.
Half-stalls are available for free to local charities who wish to raise awareness of what they do and attract supporters.
Those who wish to raise money via the sale of goods are charged a small rental fee of £5 for the day. Half stalls – (measuring 2’6 x 9’6) must be booked well in advance and proof of public liability insurance cover provided. A street collection licence is required if money collection (without selling of goods) is to take place. Contact the Market Team or customer services on 01524 582000 or email@example.com to request a booking form.
Charter Market (outdoor market in Lancaster)
If you’d prefer to trade in a bustling outdoor environment every Wednesday and Saturday in the heart of Lancaster City Centre, then the historic Charter Market might be the answer. The market is currently located in a new temporary in the city's beautiful Dalton Square which is currently closed to traffic.
- Great city centre location close to two main shopping centres and a wealth of historic and cultural visitor attractions.
- Operates every Wednesday and Saturday and enjoys a healthy footfall of regular customers and those visiting the city to enjoy a day of shopping and sightseeing.
- Market days are Wednesday and Saturday, 9am to 4.30pm (4pm in winter), except Bank Holidays.
Pitch rental is just £20 per day, payable in advance by credit or debit card only (sorry no cash or cheques).
Apply for a stall
Register an interest for a market stall
To register an interest in being considered for a place at any of the above markets, complete the online form at www.lancaster.gov.uk/traderinterest or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the markets team will be in touch.
Please note the above form is not an application form. It will just give us an idea of where you would prefer to trade and the type of goods you wish to sell.
A member of the markets team will then be in touch with further information about trading on our markets and the relevant application form for you to complete (if appropriate).
To be eligible for any of the offers, new traders must be bringing something new to the markets.