The Assembly Rooms Emporium in King Street, Lancaster occupies a lovely 18th century Grade II listed heritage building and a must for those looking for something a little different. It is home to a variety of stalls, as well as a café (temporarily closed). There is also free Wi-Fi.
Housed in a Grade II listed heritage building built in 1759, the emporium is home to an Aladdin's cave of stalls including:
- Thrift’n’Shout Wavey Garms (vintage clothing, accessories and homeware)
- Assembled Books (pre-loved books, cards and games; rocks, gemstones and minerals; candles and incense)
- B's Knees (ladies' vintage and upcycled clothing, footwear and accessories)
- Celtic Dreams (silver, vintage and antique jewellery including commissions)
- Vintage Vibes (vinyl, vintage furniture and homeware including electrical items, curios and prints, books)
- Chinese Crafts in Lancaster (Asian art, crafts and food)
- Hettie Amelia Design (Fairtrade jewellery, parasols, bags & purses; cushions & cards; henna tattoos & hair braiding)
- Ann Krakken (Steampunk, Victorian, gothic & alternative clothing, accessories and hats; hats for hire)
- Clothing/alteration service
Located in Lancaster's historic city centre and just a short distance away from the city's two main shopping centres as well as historical and cultural attractions including the City Museum, Lancaster Castle and St. George's Quay.
- View or download our current Assembly Rooms visitor leaflet (PDF, 1.5MB)
- View the current stall plan (PDF, 100KB)
- For all the latest news and offers, follow us on Facebook!
The emporium is now open 6 days a week (Tuesday to Sunday) and summer bank holidays - Tuesday - Saturday - 10am - 5.30pm, Sunday and Summer Bank Holidays - 11.30am - 4pm.
About the Assembly Rooms
Built in 1759, this Grade II listed building provided a venue for balls and concerts for Lancaster’s elite and raised money to support the adjoining Almshouses.
The building is located in historic Lancaster's city centre just a short distance away from the Marketgate Shopping Centre and local Georgian gems including the City Museum in Market Square and the Maritime Museum on St. George's Quay and not forgetting the magnificent Lancaster Castle.
How to find us
Address: Assembly Rooms Emporium, King Street, Lancaster, LA1 1JN
By car: Leave the M6 at junction 33 or 34 and follow the signs for Lancaster city centre. Follow the signs to Lancaster railway station and the Assembly Rooms Emporium is on the left hand side a short distance away from Waterstones. There are a number of car parks in the city centre.
By train: Lancaster's mainline train station is only a 5 minute walk away. From the station, head down into the town and turn right at Waterstones. You will find the Assembly Rooms Emporium just a hundred metres or so away on the right hand side.