So you’ve decided to apply for one of our jobs? Great! Now we want to give you the best possible chance of securing that interview so have a read through our tips before you start completing the application form. If you already have an interview then please see About your interview for some more guidance.
Make sure you read the Job Description carefully. It includes a Knowledge and Educational Requirements section listing any qualifications, knowledge/skills/abilities, experience and other requirements needed for the role.
Next - Completing the Application Form...
- Read through the instructions for each section carefully and allow yourself plenty of time
- Make sure any dates quoted are accurate as they may be checked
- Keep referring to the Job Description and make sure you demonstrate that your background and experience matches the shortlisting manager’s requirements
- The Supporting Information section is your opportunity to sell yourself! Don’t forget, you can include experiences and skills gained from all sorts of sources including volunteering, school/college/university, clubs/societies etc, as well as any previous employment.
- Remember to provide clear, concise and relevant evidence backed by examples as to why you should be considered for an interview
- Once you’ve finished the form be sure to check everything over carefully before submitting it
- Please keep an eye on the closing date. We are unable to accept applications once the vacancy has closed
So what happens next?
Your application will be forwarded to the Recruiting Manager. If short listed you will be contacted via the email address supplied within three weeks of the closing date. Good luck!