Sport and physical activity
Playscheme attendees get ready to try out the mobile skatepark
The Sport and Physical Activity Team are responsible for increasing participation in activity and improving the health and wellbeing of the community.
To achieve this we work closely with a range of partners in the public sector, and in the voluntary, community and faith sectors, who are essential to the delivery of community led activities.
Our work includes:
- Securing funding to commission the delivery of activity programmes
- Delivering a range of activities for priority groups such as people with disabilities, older people, children and young people and BME groups.
- Sports leadership training programmes
- Volunteer recruitment and development
- Sports club accreditation
- Development support for sports clubs, arts organisations and community groups
- Summer playschemes
- Children's holiday activity programmes
- The Active Health programme
- Sports events and competitions
- London 2012 celebrations
- Tackling childhood obesity