Happy Mount Park
Enjoying a ride on the swing boats, Happy Mount Park
Welcome to Morecambe's Happy Mount Park - a traditional family park with modern facilities and attractions, including a free splash park.
Happy Mount Park was originally created in the 1920s as a traditional urban park area. Today's family-friendly attractions cater for more modern tastes, whilst carefully retaining the atmosphere of peace and tranquillity of a traditional park.
The park is open from 8.30am all year round and entry is free.
Attention: The Splash Park will be closed all day Thursday May 16 for maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Activities and attractions
- Splash park
- Pirates In The Park indoor play area
- Unique outdoor natural adventure play area
- Ornamental gardens,woodland walk and habitat trail
- Crown green bowling green (see Bowling Passes)
- 18-hole putting green
- Miniature railway (currently closed for maintenance)
- Swing boats
- Crazy golf
- Children’s roundabout
- Floodlit multi-purpose pitch for tennis, basketball, five-a-side football and roller hockey
There's a full programme of family fun activities and events each month from 30 March.
- Saturday 25 May - TEDDY BEAR'S PICNIC starts 11am
- Sunday 26 May - BRASS BAND CONCERT starts 2.30pm
- Saturday 22 June - WACKY FAMILY FUN DAY starts 12noon
- Saturday 6 July - ALLL THE FUN OF THE FAIR starts 12noon
- Saturday 10 August - PIRATES DAY starts 12noon
Dont forget the Brass Band concerts which start 2.30pm on Sunday 12 May and take place every Sunday until 1 September.
For further information on these events and activities contact Morecambe Visitor Information Centre, Old Station Buildings, Marine Road Central, Morecambe. LA4 4DB 01524 582808
Happy Mount Park is open daily from 8.30am.
Closing times vary through the year:
- February: 5pm
- March: 6pm (7pm from March 16)
- April: 8pm (8.30pm from April 16)
- May, June, July: 9pm
- August: 8.30pm
- September: 8pm (7pm from September 24)
- October: 6pm (4.30pm from October 26)
- November, December, January: 4.30pm
The Splash Park is open every weekend from March 29 and opens daily from May 4.
*The Splash Park will be closed all day Thursday May 16 for maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Great value sports surface hire
Our multi-use sports area is great for tennis, basketball and 5-a-side football. The tarmac surface can be used throughout the year and rackets and balls are available to hire from the green kiosk.
Getting to Happy Mount Park
By car: Use the map below to get your journey directions. For satnav, use the postcode LA4 6AQ. There is a pay-and-display car park on the promenade close to the park entrance.
By bus: Stagecoach bus service number 5 (Overton to Carnforth) passes the park. Services 3 and 4 (Lancaster to Heysham) stop at the end of Princes Crescent, a five minute walk from the park. Get bus timetables.