Happy Mount Park
Have a splashing time at Happy Mount Park
Welcome to Morecambe's Happy Mount Park - a traditional family park with modern facilities and attractions, including a free splash park.
Happy Mount Park was originally created in the 1920s as a traditional urban park area. Today's family-friendly attractions cater for more modern tastes, whilst carefully retaining the atmosphere of peace and tranquillity of a traditional park.
The park is open from 8.30am all year round and entry is free.
Activities and attractions
- Café (privately operated, please call 01524 401140)
- Splash Park (now closed - re-opens May 2016)
- Pirates In The Park indoor play area (privately operated please call 01524 401140)
- Unique outdoor natural adventure play area
- Ornamental gardens,woodland walk and habitat trail
- Crown green bowling green (see Bowling Passes)
- 18-hole putting green
- Swing boats (privately operated please call 01524 401140)
- Trampolines (as above call 01524 401140)
- Adventure golf (as above call 01524 401140)
- Children’s roundabout (as above call 01524 401140)
- Floodlit multi-purpose pitch for tennis, basketball, five-a-side football and roller hockey
Happy Mount Park Master Plan
Various consultations have taken place over the last year. From these a group has worked with a designer to develop a draft master plan for the next 10 - 20 years of the park. See the downloads on the right of the page.
The overriding comments which have driven the design of the plan is that most users love the park as it is! Therefore, the master plan is about maintaining the current character of the park and preserving/enhancing it for the future.
Join our Take Pride in Your Parks campaign by completing the Park Health Check
Happy Mount Park Café organise a full programme of family fun activities and events. Visit their website for more information.
For further information on these events and activities contact Morecambe Visitor Information Centre, Old Station Buildings, Marine Road Central, Morecambe. LA4 4DB 01524 582808
Happy Mount Park is open daily from 8.30am.Closing times vary though the year:
- February: 5pm
- March: 6pm (7pm from March 16)
- April: 8pm (8.30pm from April 16)
- May, June, July: 9pm
- August: 8.30pm
- September: 8pm (7pm from September 24)
- October: 6pm (4.30pm from October 26)
- November, December, January: 4.30pm
Great value sports surface hire
Our multi-use sports area is great for tennis, basketball and 5-a-side football. The tarmac surface can be used throughout the year and rackets and balls are available to hire from the green kiosk.
Getting to Happy Mount Park
By car: Use the map below to get your journey directions. For satnav, use the postcode LA4 6AQ. There is a pay-and-display car park on the promenade close to the park entrance.
By bus: Stagecoach bus service number 5 (Overton to Carnforth) passes the park. Services 3 and 4 (Lancaster to Heysham) stop at the end of Princes Crescent, a five minute walk from the park. Get bus timetables.