Household waste and recycling
We provide an alternate weekly collection of household waste from wheeled bins and recycling boxes for the majority of properties in the Lancaster district, and provide a bulky waste collection service.
Talking Rubbish 2013 recycling survey
To help us improve our recycling service in the district, we'd like to know your views. Please take part in our short online survey, and be in with a chance to win a Kindle.
When are my bins and recycling boxes collected?
Online service: Find your bin and recycling box collection dates
Please note: Online service currently unavailable between midnight and 6am.
What bins and recycling boxes should I have?
Every household should have:
- A grey wheelie bin, OR orange binbags if the property is not suitable for a wheelie bin
- A green wheelie bin for garden and food waste, OR biobags and a kerbside food caddy if the property is not suitable for a wheelie bin
- A grey kitchen caddy
- A maximum of three recycling boxes per self-contained dwelling
To help avoid your bins and boxes going missing please label them with your house number/name and bring them in as soon as possible after collection.
Call customer services on 01524 582491 if you do not have the correct allocation.
What do I put in each of my bins and boxes?
How do I report a missed bin?
- Please do not report a bin as 'missed' until 24 hours after it was due to be collected
- After 24 hours, please call us on 01524 582491 or use our online reporting form
How do I report a lost or stolen bin?
What if my bin breaks?
- We have spare parts - you can order new lids, pins and wheels for your bins
- Call customer services on 01524 582491 or use our online reporting form
How do I get rid of my bulky waste items?
Where is my nearest recycling point?