Household waste and recycling
Details of our household waste and recycling service, bin collection dates, missed bins, bulky waste, what you can recycle and where, and what to put in each of your bins.
We provide an alternate weekly collection of household waste from wheeled bins and recycling boxes for the majority of properties in the Lancaster district, and provide a bulky waste collection service.
What bins and recycling boxes should I have?
Every household should have:
- One grey wheelie bin. Orange bin bags are provided if the property is not suitable for a wheelie bin
- A maximum of three recycling boxes
- If your property receives a garden/food waste collection, a maximum of three green wheelie bins. Bio bags and a kerbside food caddy are provided if the property is not suitable for a wheelie bin
- A grey kitchen caddy
To help avoid your bins and boxes going missing please label them with your house number/name and bring them in as soon as possible after collection.
Call customer services on 01524 582491 if you do not have the correct allocation. To determine if there will be a charge for delivering your bins and boxes please see charges for replacement bins and boxes.
What do I put in each of my bins and boxes?
What if my bin is lost or stolen?
- Please look for your bin in the local area - if it doesn't turn up, you can request a replacement
- Request a replacement bin online or call customer services on 01524 582491
What if my bin breaks?
Where is my nearest recycling point?