Household waste and recycling
Details of our household waste and recycling service, bin collection dates, missed bins, bulky waste, what you can recycle and where, and what to put in each of your bins.
We provide an alternate weekly collection of household waste from wheeled bins and recycling boxes for the majority of properties in the Lancaster district, and provide a bulky waste collection service.
What bins and recycling boxes should I have?
Every household should have:
- A grey wheelie bin, OR orange binbags if the property is not suitable for a wheelie bin
- A green wheelie bin for garden and food waste, OR biobags and a kerbside food caddy if the property is not suitable for a wheelie bin
- A grey kitchen caddy
- A maximum of three recycling boxes per self-contained dwelling
To help avoid your bins and boxes going missing please label them with your house number/name and bring them in as soon as possible after collection.
Call customer services on 01524 582491 if you do not have the correct allocation.
What do I put in each of my bins and boxes?
How do I report a missed bin?
- Please do not report a bin as 'missed' until 24 hours after it was due to be collected
- After 24 hours, please call us on 01524 582491 or use our online reporting form
How do I report a lost or stolen bin?
What if my bin breaks?
- We have spare parts - you can order new lids, pins and wheels for your bins
- Call customer services on 01524 582491 or use our online reporting form
Where is my nearest recycling point?