An OFQUAL regulated course which complies with the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 for the re-qualification of First Aiders that currently hold a valid First Aid at Work qualification that is due for renewal.
Who should attend?
Anyone holding a current, in date First Aid Work certificate. Delegates should bring with them proof of their existing qualification.
This course will give you an opportunity to both practice the skills and refresh the knowledge required of a workplace First Aider.
Delegates will receive training in the following first aid topics. The list below is by no means exhaustive, but outlines the main topics covered in the course:
- Aims and principles of first aid
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Perform effective cardio pulmonary resuscitation
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or shocked
- Assessment and treatment of fractures, dislocations and soft tissue injuries
- Assessment and treatment of burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Assessment and treatment of common major and minor illnesses
- Prevention of cross-infection during first aid procedures
- Legal aspects of first aid at work - including the importance of record keeping and the effective use of first aid equipment
Minimum of two days (9.30am – 4.30pm). Assessment by external assessors will be carried out on the afternoon of the second day. Onsite courses can be delivered at times to suit you. Please call us with your exact requirements.
Assessment and certification
On successful completion of the course and final assessment, the delegate will receive the OFQUAL approved, nationally recognised first aid at work certificate which is valid for three years from the date of your current certificate. Following this course it is recommended by the Health & Safety Executive that delegates attend an annual three-hour update session.
£125 + VAT
Last updated: 19 September 2017