Privacy settings


Information on safeguarding

Lancaster City Council is a district council (a ‘second-tier’ local authority), providing services such as planning, council housing, environmental services, leisure and environmental health.

Lancashire County Council is responsible for adult and children’s social care in the Lancaster district. Its social care services include:

  • safeguarding children
  • safeguarding adults
  • social workers
  • help at home
  • financial support
  • emergencies
  • help for people who care for someone
  • unable to live at home

If you are concerned about the safety of a child or adult:

Where there is a serious and immediate threat to a child or adult: call 999

Children's social care: 0300 123 6720

Adult social care: 0300 123 6721

Last updated: 07 August 2017

Lancaster City Council logogram

Cookies policy

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential, while others help us to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.

Review your privacy settings