Our Food Safety Team provide a programme of food safety training throughout the year for anyone working or planning to work in the food industry. All courses are delivered by qualified Food Safety Officers who have extensive experience of inspecting and supporting food premises as well as training food handlers and mentoring managers. These are the same officers you will meet when a food hygiene inspection takes place at your business. Courses include tuition, examination fees and a course handbook.
The qualification is aimed at individuals preparing or already employed in a catering role or involved in handling food. This course will be delivered in six hours and includes a multiple choice examination.
Where and when is the training?
- The next courses run on 24th July, 2nd October and 26th November
- Courses take place at Morecambe Town Hall from 9.30am to 4.30pm
Gaining this qualification will give you an understanding in:
- principles of food safety
- how individuals can take responsibility for food safety
- the importance of food handlers keeping themselves and work surfaces clean and hygienic
- the importance of safe handling
- the importance of keeping food products safe
To book please call our admin team on 01524 582935 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This qualification is aimed at those people who have achieved the Level 2 Food Safety in Catering Award within the last 3 years. It is desgned to update your knowledge and skills and is delivered in three hours and includes an examination similar to the full day course.
Should you have any queries over the correct level of training for you please call 01524 582935 and ask to speak to a member of the food team.
Why is this training important?
Food safety regulations and best practice are constantly changing and in order to guarantee safe food to consumers, food business operators must ensure their employees are kept up-to-date.
This qualification is aimed at food handlers and other staff in food preparation and service who work in the catering industry. Our training is delivered by a former industry trained head chef, who has vast experience in this area, both theory and practical.
Topics covered in the Level 2 Award in Food Allergen Awareness training include:
- Introduction to food allergens
- Symptoms of allergic reactions
- Allergens legislation and how to comply with the law
- Food labelling requirements
- The 14 regulated allergens
- Accurate description of menu items
- Managing allergens from placing an order to service
- Providing allergen information to customers
There will also be a practical element to the course which will help you to understand the risks of contamination in a working kitchen.
Where and when is the training?
- The next courses run on 24th July, 11th September and 4th November
- Courses take place at Lancaster Town Hall from 9.30am to 4.30pm
Other food safety support services
Safer Food Better Business for Existing Businesses - £199
Our Safer Food Direct service supports food businesses who have already had a food rating to either gain a higher level or retain their highly valued 5 food hygiene rating. Particulary useful if you have had a change of management or catering staff. Our pre-inspection support can give you peace of mind.and keep your business on track for a very good rating.
Benefits to you:
- You will receive up-to-date and new regulatory information
- Provision of advice and information tailored appropriately to your business, which can include staff training requirements
- Helps to re-inforce your food hygiene standards
- You will have a pre-inspection visit by the food safety officer before your food safety inspection at a time that is convenient to you
- You will receive a written report detailing any issues for you to address
Safer Food Better Business Pack and Diary - £19.78
Food business operators must have in place a food safety management system. This pack gives you the most up-to-date version and incorporates all the latest guidance and good practice.
This pack offers advice on:
- Cross contamination
To work alongside the management section, we have produced a 12 month wall diary which helps you to keep track of all your daily, weekly and monthly checks.
Last updated: 01 July 2019