We let garages at reasonable rates throughout the Lancaster district. You do not have to be a council tenant to rent one, although if there is more than one applicant for a vacant garage council tenants will get priority.
To apply for a vacant garage you need to be on the garage waiting list. You can join the waiting list by completing a Garage Application Form (pdf, 429kb).
Vacant garages are advertised through Ideal Choice Homes. Once you are on the waiting list, if you see a vacancy that you are interested on you simply contact us using the details on the advert and express your interest. Once the closing date of the advert is reached the garage will be offered to the person with the highest priority out all those who have expressed an interest.
Where are the garages?
(The numbers in brackets indicates how many garages in total there are at each site)
- York Road, Bowerham, Lancaster (5)
- Arcon House, Greaves, Lancaster (12)
- Ashton Road, Greaves, Lancaster (22)
- Dorrington Road, Greaves, Lancaster (12)
- Hastings Road, Greaves, Lancaster (15)
- Heaton House, Greaves, Lancaster (9)
- Wellington Road, Greaves, Lancaster (8)
- Gressingham Drive, Hala, Lancaster (16)
- Lentworth House, Hala, Lancaster (20)
- Scorton House, Hala, Lancaster (3)
- Tunstall House, Hala, Lancaster (14)
- Charnley Street, Marsh, Lancaster (7)
- Ennerdale Close, Ridge, Lancaster (6)
- Keswick Road, Ridge, Lancaster (11)
- Patterdale Road, Ridge, Lancaster (13)
- Marshaw Road, Ryelands, Lancaster, (9)
- Captains Row, Skerton, Lancaster (21)
- Earl Street, Skerton, Lancaster (4)
- Mainway, Skerton, Lancaster (40)
- Barley Cop Lane, Vale, Lancaster (15)
- Greenset Close, Vale, Lancaster (7)
- Hareruns House, Vale, Lancaster (5)
- Hathaway Road, Vale, Lancaster (27)
- Shakespeare Road, Vale, Lancaster (7)
- Christie Avenue, Branksome, Morecambe (6)
- Hestham Avenue, Hestham, Morecambe (2)
- Hutton Grove, Hutton Grove, Morecambe (3)
- Warton Avenue, Higher Heysham, Heysham (6)
- Tarnbrook Road, Kingsway, Heysham (6)
- Combermere Road, Trumacar, Heysham (3)
- Warren Road, Trumacar, Heysham (8)
- Coniston Road, Carnforth (6)
- Kellet Road, Carnforth (6)
- Windermere Road, Carnforth (9)
- Brookfield Close, Bolton-le-Sands (3)
- Artlebeck Road, Caton (10)
- Leachfield Close, Galgate (5)
- Pennystone Road, Halton (5)
- St. Wilfrids Park, Halton (4)
- Hornby Bank, Nether Kellet (3)
- Church Bank, Over Kellet (4)
- Hall Grove, Middleton (4)
- Gaskell Close, Silverdale (1)
- Manor Estate, Slyne (8)
- Wennington Road, Wray (2)
- Nether View, Wennington (2)
How do I pay my garage rent?
There are many ways you can pay your garage rent. Please have a look at our Ways to Pay Your Rent page.
What happens if I don't pay my garage rent?
If you do not pay your garage rent we will write to you to let you know how much your owe and asking you to pay this amount.
If you do not clear the arrears or do not make contact with us to make an agreement to clear the arrears we may issue a notice to quit.
If you have been issued with a notice to quit you will have to clear the arrears in full before the end of the notice periods
On expiry of the notice to quit, if the keys have not been returned to us we will arrange to force entry to the garage and change the locks. You will be recharged for this work.
Last updated: 26 June 2017