Are you or a member of your household finding it difficult to remain active and independent in your council home because of a disability or ill health?

If the answer is yes, it may be that life could be made easier by having adaptations made to your home.

Adaptations can be provided to assist you or a member of your household with a variety of daily living tasks. The sorts of adaptations that could be carried out include things like:

  • Level access shower
  • Grab rails
  • Entrance ramp
  • Stair lift
  • Key safe

What do you need to do?

First of all you will need to be referred to an Occupational Therapist. To do this you need to contact Social Care at Lancashire County Council on 0300 1236720. They will then arrange to visit you in your home to assess what adaptations would be the most appropriate for you.

More information

Last updated: 02 March 2016