What is happening?
We’re bringing you a state of the art refurbishment, the latest in fitness and training equipment, and fresh, new facilities as part of a £5M project. How exciting!
The project includes:
- Transforming half of the Sports Hall into Energy indoor soft play and XHeight indoor climbing
- Refurbishment of Refuel Cafe
- Refurbishment of Reception Area
- Gym expansion
- New Tranquil Spa facility
- New Immersive cycle Studio - a first for a local authority venue AND the first in the North of England!
- The Training Zone - functional training space
- Gravity, the outdoor Flight Tower
- Refurbishment of Changing Facilities and Toilets
During the project, our excellent pool facilities will remain open and unaffected.
The aim of the project is to invest and improve facilities at Salt Ayre to make it a ‘community hub’ providing accessible sport and leisure facilities to the local community.
Industry experts Alliance Leisure have been procured as a development partner for the project and will be working closely with Lancaster City Council.
We are not closing!
We’re working really hard to keep your facility open throughout the project build, however there will be some temporary interruption to some areas. Please bear with us as we try to keep the distruption to your experience to a minimum, we’re doing the best that we can.
What about classes and courses?
Classes and courses are running as normal, unless you have been told otherwise. You should have been advised if the course you attend will be affected by the development project. If you think your course might be affected but you haven’t been given any information, please check with your tutor or at Reception for further information.
New membership packages
The BRAND NEW gym facilities at Salt Ayre opened in January 2017. The new gym membership prices are as follows:
|Full Membership (18 years+)||£34 per month|
|Junior Membership||£20 per month|
|Senior Membership (60 years+)||
£28 per month
|Pay as you go||£8.50 per session|
|Fit Monthly (no contract)||£45 per month|
When did it start?
- Monday 9th May 2016
May - November 2016
- Reception refurbishment
- Cafe refurbishment
- Energy indoor soft play
- XHeight indoor climbing
- Refurbishment of half of the sports hall
- Projectile Hall (for relocation of temporary gym)
- Members' Suite and changing room refurbishment
August 2016 - February 2017
- Extend fitness suite
- Immersive Spinning Studio
- Gravity Flight Tower (Outdoor)
Spring - Autumn 2017
- New build of Community Wellbeing Centre
- Space for health consultation and meetings
- Space for rehabilitation facilities
- Outdoor training area
- Bruild of Tranquil Spa
- The Training Zone
Last updated: 29 June 2017