2016 Coastal Revival Fund grant of £50K for Bay Arena Art Park for improvements to the Dome / Bubbles site on the central promenade. Aim was to improve access and amenity to encourage greater use. The works included:
- Creation of new path and access to provide a through route from east to west
- Openin up of stepped access to promenade
- Removal of overgrown shrubberies covering embankments
- Restoration and repainting of railings
- Demolition of redundant walls and structures
- Public art works to walls to former Bubbles site and the pumping station
The council worked with local arts company Deco Publique on the brief and procurement for the public art works. This secured an excellent commission from Glasgow based artists Bespoke Atelier.
The project greatly Improved quality of environment for festivals and events while making the space more accessible for every day users.