Buildings and facilities
The current open/closed status is as follows:
- The Platform - Closed for events until 31 March 2021 at the earliest.
- Williamson Park - Cafe open for take away only. Some toilets open. Shop, Butterfly House and zoo remain closed.
- Play areas - All city council play areas are open. See lancaster.gov.uk/play-areas for full details and Covid-19 guidance.
- Salt Ayre Leisure Centre - Closed until further notice.
- Museums (City, Maritime and Cottage) - Closed until further notice. You can still get your history 'fix' with free online virtual tours of famous museums, online history lessons, and the ultimate Lancashire quiz.
- The Storey – Closed until further notice.
- Printroom Café & Bar - Closed until further notice.
- Citylab - Public meeting rooms closed. Tenants are not affected.
- Visitor Information Centres - Closed.
- Lancaster and Morecambe town halls – Customer service centres closed. Please telephone 01524 582000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Festival Market - Open, but limited to the sale of essential items (food and drink, pet supplies and plants).
- Charter Market - Open at temporary location in Dalton Square but limited to the same of essential items (food and drink, pet supplies and plants).
- Assembly Rooms - Closed until further notice.
- Arnside and Silverdale AONB – Offices closed to the public until further notice.
All of our cemetery grounds remain open as usual. We welcome visitors to our grounds, but ask that they observe and practice social distancing guidelines as in any public space. There are some changes with regard to funeral services, which will be advised at the time of booking a funeral.
Our parks remain open. Please observe social distancing and keep two metres apart.