Buildings and facilities
The current open/closed status is as follows:
- The Platform - Open for live events with some safety measures in place. Listings and details here.
- Williamson Park - All facilities open. Face coverings required indoors. Full details here.
- Play areas - All city council play areas are open. See lancaster.gov.uk/play-areas for full details and Covid-19 guidance.
- Salt Ayre Leisure Centre - some facilities have re-opened, see www.lancaster.gov.uk/saltayre for more information
- City Museum - Open.
- The Martime and Cottage Museums - Open.
- The Storey – Open.
- Printroom Café & Bar - Open.
- Citylab - Public meeting rooms closed. Tenants are not affected.
- Visitor Information Centres - Open.
- Lancaster and Morecambe town halls – Customer service centres closed. Please telephone 01524 582000 or email email@example.com.
- Festival Market - Open.
- Charter Market - Open at temporary location in Dalton Square
- Assembly Rooms - Open.
- Arnside and Silverdale AONB – Offices closed to the public until further notice.
All of our cemetery grounds remain open as usual. We welcome visitors to our grounds, but ask that they observe and practice social distancing guidelines as in any public space. There are some changes with regard to funeral services, which will be advised at the time of booking a funeral.
Our parks remain open. Please observe social distancing and keep two metres apart.