For businesses without a rateable value that are closed/severely impacted by the Tier3/National Lockdown restrictions
- Business owners who have more than one business and all of their businesses have been closed/severely impacted by the additional restrictions may make an application for each business.
|Fixed business costs (per annum)||Grant payment (per complete two-week period)|
|£1,000 - £3,000||£125|
|£3,001 - £6,000||£250|
|£6,001 - £15,000||£450|
|£15,001 - £30,000||£700|
|£30,001 - £50,999||£875|
- Businesses will receive a lump sum payment to cover the period to 2 December 2020
- We aim to pay successful applications within five working days upon receipt of a valid application
- If restrictions continue beyond 2 December 2020 then businesses will be notified of any additional actions required in order to receive an additional payment, if available
Your business may be eligible if it:
- Was open and trading up to the date that the restrictions that have severely impacted your business came into force (fully constituted businesses not in liquidation, dissolved or subject to a striking off notice are deemed to have been trading)
- Does not have a rateable value (businesses that are in receipt of rate relief do have a rateable value)
- Has fixed business related costs that have not reduced due to the additional restrictions of Tier3 (LCAL Very High)/National Lockdown.
- Examples of fixed business-related costs include rent paid by the business, business mortgage, business insurance, utilities, business phone contract, ongoing maintenance contracts, franchise payments, business vehicle costs, professional body memberships, subscription licences (including ICT software), equipment maintenance and business loan repayments
- Domestic payments (e.g. mortgage, utilities, insurance, phone charges) where the home-based business pays a share of a domestic bill are not allowed
- Has been severely impacted or closed as a consequence of the additional restrictions imposed by the move to Tier 3 or National Closure or Lockdown restrictions (impact due to national coronavirus restrictions alone e.g. social distancing does not render a business eligible)
- Is a medium, small or micro business according to the Companies Act of 2006
Eligibility is not affected if the business has accessed the Furlough Scheme, Job Support Scheme, Kick Start scheme or is receiving any funds or support relating to re-opening or trading safely, new business services or products or new trading arrangements, including digital.
Your business will not be eligible if it:
- has been able to continue to operate during the lockdown because it does not depend on providing direct in-person services from its premises
- has chosen to close without being severely impacted by the additional Tier 3/National Lockdown restrictions
- has a rateable value
- the business owner is eligible for the Self Employment Income Support Scheme
- was in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice was made on the date of the first full day of restrictions
- is in areas outside the scope of the localised restrictions, as defined by the government
- has reached the state aid limit* (the Local Restrictions Support Grant counts towards state aid)
*Payments count towards the total de minimis state aid allowed over a three-year period (€200,000). If you have reached that threshold, you may still be eligible for funding under the Covid-19 Temporary Framework where the limit is €800,000.
How to apply
To request a paper application form please, email email@example.com or telephone Customer Services on 01524 582000 with your details and request.
If you have any questions about the this scheme, please contact the Business Support Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Customer Services on 01524 582000 to arrange a call back.