Please note: individuals who self-report a positive lateral flow test and wish to claim a self-isolation payment will need to take a confirmatory PCR test.
You may be entitled to a support payment of £500 if:
- You have been asked to self-isolate by the NHS Test and Trace service
- Your child has been asked to self-isolate by NHS test and Trace service, or their school/childcare provider, and you have to take time off work to care for them
From 16 August 2021 the following don’t have to self-isolate:
- People who are fully vaccinated and have been identified as a contact
- Any child under 18 who has been identified as a contact
It only applies if a person or child has tested positive.
You may be eligible for the payment if you, or your child, have been asked to self-isolate. You must:
- be employed or self-employed
- have lost income as a result of having to stay at home
- get at least one of the qualifying benefits
The qualifying benefits are:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- income based Employment and Support Allowance
- income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
If you do not get any qualifying benefits
You may qualify for a discretionary payment if you are on a low income and will face financial hardship as a result of not being able to work while you, or your child, are self-isolating.
Due to the limited funds available applications will be on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis and the scheme ends on 31 March 2022.
How to apply
Apply for support online using the online form below.
You need to apply within six weeks of the first day of self-isolation.
Members of the same household can apply for support for the same isolation period. You will need to make a separate claim for each eligible person who is self-isolating.
Please note only one parent can claim if the only reason they are self-isolating is to care for a child.
Please note that if you don't hear back from us you do not need to reapply.
- View full details of the Test and Trace Standard Scheme
- View full details of the Test and Trace Discretionary Scheme