Please read all of the following information around Covid-19 measures in place at The Platform before purchasing a ticket.
Do not attend an event if you have recently tested positive for Covid-19 or you have symptoms of Covid-19.
The council has a duty to the public to take reasonable steps to help protect them when using its facilities.
After consultation with the council’s public protection team, we have decided the best way we can protect each other is for customers to each provide an NHS Covid Pass, as recommended by the Government.
To be eligible for an NHS Covid Pass, you need either:
- To be fully vaccinated with a Covid-19 vaccine used in the UK
- A negative PCR test or rapid lateral flow test within the past 48 hours
- Positive PCR test within the past 6 months
You can obtain an NHS Covid Pass in any of the following ways:
- Via the NHS App here.
- Via the myGP app here.
- Via the online NHS Covid Pass Service here.
- Request a paper Covid Pass letter online here.
- Call 119 and request a paper Covid Pass letter.
If an NHS Covid Pass cannot be provided, then you can attend Morecambe Town Hall testing centre, where you will receive a lateral flow test valid for 48 hours. If your test comes back negative then the test centre will provide you with written proof of your negative test result that you can bring to the venue. Please request this when you arrive at the test centre. The written proof will include the test result, the time, the date and your personal link details. The testing centre is open from 9am until 4pm Monday to Friday.
Please ensure you can provide either a digital or paper NHS Covid Pass to the security staff as you approach the venue on the night. If possible, please collect your tickets from Morecambe Visitor Information Centre, located at The Platform, in advance to prevent queues on the night.
If you are unable or unwilling to provide the proof listed above then refunds are available in advance. Please call the box office on 01524 582803 (lines open Monday to Saturday 10am-4pm) to request a refund.
Please be aware refunds will not be available on the door. If you are unable to provide the necessary proof on the door, you will not be allowed entry to the venue. No refunds will be given beyond the date of the performance. This is for the safety of all involved.
Please help us to make our events safe for all.
What to expect when you attend an event
In addition to the above entry requirements, The Platform has a number of measures in place to keep our staff and customers safe while inside the venue. Below you can find further details on what to expect when you attend a Platform event.
- We ask that customers continue to wear face coverings when inside the venue unless seated or exempt.
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations located within the building whenever possible.
- All customers must scan the QR code at the door using the NHS App on their smartphone. If you are unable to do this we will require your name and telephone number.
- Please distribute your tickets between your party so each person has one ticket on arrival.
- Please tear off your own ticket stub and place in the container provided.
- Please use contactless payments if possible.
- Protective screens remain in place at the bar.
- Additional cleaning of touch points will take place during events.
The safety of our audiences and staff is paramount and these measures are in place solely for this reason. Please respect other audience members and in particular staff who are working hard under difficult circumstances. We thank you for your patience and understanding.