Location: Kellet Road, Carnforth, Lancashire, LA5 9XJ
Carnforth Cemetery opened in 1925 and is one of seven cemeteries operated by Lancaster City Council.
The total area of the cemetery is approximately three acres, consisting of both consecrated and non-consecrated burial ground.
The site is located a few minutes’ walk from the famous Carnforth Railway Station, and is surrounded by green space and residential properties.
Grave spaces and garden of remembrance plots are currently available to reserve, and it is a working cemetery.
Gardens of remembrance
There are currently three gardens of remembrance within the site, intended for the interment of cremated remains. The original garden of remembrance is located at the back left of the cemetery and is now closed for new reserves. Due to demand, a hedged garden of remembrance is now open, located towards the front right of the site. Plots are available here to reserve or for immediate interment. This area is a popular and peaceful spot for interment, memorialisation and quiet reflection.
Last updated: 19 March 2019