Help with home improvements
Lancaster City Council's Home Improvement Agency (HIA) helps vulnerable residents who are elderly, disabled or on low income to repair, improve, maintain and adapt their homes.
We can offer advice and assistance with a wide range of services including:
- Disabled adaptations
- Small handyperson jobs
- General maintenance and repairs
- Energy efficiency and home safety
- Obtaining grants and benefits to fund work
- Help finding Safe Trader registered contractors
View the HIA annual report 2021 for further information about our work.
Struggling to keep warm? Act now!
- Help if you are living on a residential park home site (PDF)
- Help if you have no gas central heating (PDF)