Through the Planning Portal website
Before you submit an application check that you have:
- Form - completed the correct application form
- Certificate - filled in and signed the correct certificate (found at the end of the application form – it relates to land ownership)
- Plans - drawn up the relevant plans to an appropriate scale, as stated in our Planning Application Validation Guide
- Documents - drafted the required supporting documents, as stated in our Planning Application Validation Guide and designations and constraints guidance
- Fees - paid any relevant fee, as stated in the schedule of planning fees
All five of the above are required in order to validate an application.
Any sensitive information of a personal or commercial nature must be submitted as a separate document clearly marked "confidential".
Other ways to submit an application
How to pay
If you have submitted your planning application directly to Lancaster City Council rather than through the Planning Portal, you can pay the associated fees in the following ways:-
The quickest way to pay is online through our eStore. You will need your planning application number or application site address and your debit or credit card.
Please make cheques payable to Lancaster City Council, make a note of the application reference and / or site address on the reverse of the cheque and send your completed application and relevant plans to:
PO Box 4, Town Hall, Dalton Square, Lancaster, LA1 1QR
To pay by card please telephone 01524 582950 (option 1) between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. You will need your planning application reference number or application site address and your debit or credit card.
Please note that your application will not be processed until payment is received.
Last updated: 03 February 2022