Assembly Rooms Emporium (indoor market in Lancaster)
Market specialising in vintage and alternative clothing and goods, collectables and curiosities, arts and crafts.
- Located on the ground floor of one of Lancaster's Grade II listed heritage buildings
- Just a stone's throw from the city's two main shopping centres and numerous cultural and historical attractions including the City Museum and Lancaster Castle
- Offers the perfect opportunity for small or start up businesses of the arts and crafts industry to showcase and sell their creations on the high street
- Now open 6 days a week (Tuesday to Sunday) and summer bank holidays
- No vacancies at the moment but please submit a Market Trader - Expression of Interest form to go on the waiting list
Varies according to size. From £231.50 per month.
Trade for free offer
Sign up to at least three months of trading and get your first month free.
Apply for a stall
Festival Market (covered market in Morecambe)
We currently have a number of units and stalls available at the market for a number of commodities - please see vacant commodities below.
- The rental varies - please see stall rental below and special offer for new traders below
- Open Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, 9am - 5pm (winter - 4.30pm)
- 15 lock-up shop units with a trading area of 13.37 square metres (144 square feet)
- More than 100 stalls each with a trading area of 9.29 square metres (100 square feet)
- Additional footfall generated by festivals and events which take place close by throughout the summer in Morecambe and all year round at the market
- Security available to enable stallholders to leave goods in market whilst building is closed
- Regular visits from coach groups as well as regular visitors to the market
Apply for a stall
- Trader Rules (DOCX, 54KB)
- Stall Plan - July 2023 (PDF, 113KB)
- Trader Welcome Pack
- Stall rental 2023/24 (PDF, 104KB)
Discounted rates for new traders, self contained shop units and pop up pitches
Traders bringing a new commodity to the market are eligible for a discounted rental of just £100 per month for the first three months of trading (tied into a 4th month of trading at full rent (see stall rental above). With this offer you will need to commit to trading for an additional month. Commodities must be new or currently absent from the market. £300 deposit payable.
Several self-contained lock up shop units are currently available inside the market – perfect traders which provide services such as dog grooming, key cutting, picture framing, shoe repairers etc. Water is available in these units for water dependant businesses.
One of these could be yours for just £315 a month (winter), £415 (summer). The discounted rental of £100 for the first 3 months for traders bringing something new to the market (tied in to 4th month at full rent) also applies to shop units.
Pop up stalls
Pop up stalls (half stalls) for traders or new businesses wanting to establish themselves in the area and not wanting to commit themselves to full time trading at the market are available for just £30 a day.T
Through being at the Festival Market, we have been able to achieve and grow way beyond what we could have ever envisioned; and through many unexpected avenues too!
The Festival Market has provided us with the perfect foundation on which to build our business upon.
You have been a significant stepping stone within our journey - and we mean it from the bottom of our hearts when we say it has been a pleasure being here and we have made some lifelong friends along the way - and for that, we are beyond thankful.
Spence's Senses (relocated to a nearby shop unit having been able to grow their business at the Festival Market)
Charter Market (outdoor market in Lancaster City Centre)
If you’d prefer to trade in a bustling outdoor environment every Wednesday and Saturday in the heart of Lancaster City Centre, then the historic Charter Market might be the answer. The market is located in the pestrianised zone in Market Square, Market Street and Cheapside.
- Great city centre location close to two main shopping centres and a wealth of historic and cultural visitor attractions
- Operates every Wednesday and Saturday and enjoys a healthy footfall of regular customers and those visiting the city to enjoy a day of shopping and sightseeing
- Market days are Wednesday and Saturday, 9am to 4pm (4.30pm summer), except bank holidays
- No vacancies for hot food stalls at the moment but please submit a Market Trader - Expression of Interest form to go on our waiting list.
Trade for Free in 2023!
Trade for four days on the Charter Market fee-free!
Applicable Wednesdays and Saturdays
Why not give us a go?
There are no vacancies for take-away food at this time.
From £22.50 for a 3m by 3m pitch. Rent is payable in advance by card only (sorry no cash or cheques).
Apply for a stall
Register an interest for a market stall
To register an interest in being considered for a place at any of the above markets, complete the online form at www.lancaster.gov.uk/traderinterest or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the markets team will be in touch.
Please note the above form is not an application form. It will just give us an idea of where you would prefer to trade and the type of goods you wish to sell.
A member of the markets team will then be in touch with further information about trading on our markets and the relevant application form for you to complete (if appropriate).
To be eligible for any of the offers, new traders must be bringing something new to the markets.